13 - broken hearts and pink hair

.

JENNA'S POV

I think we stopped at some sort of gas station for the tourbus, and it was nearly two in the morning as well.. I couldn't sleep. One being the tourbus kept moving as we took a sharp turn or when a bump in the road came, yeah it was annoying. I never got used to it, and yet the girls did so they were all pretty much sound asleep right now.

I watch as Chelsea got off of the bus to go fill up the tank, as I sighed, getting out of my bunk quietly and following her out.

Without letting her see me, I head to the sidewalk right by the food mart, as I sit down on the curb.

Looking out at the quiet sky, I noticed there were stars. Meaning, we were probably far from the main city.

Smiling slightly at the sight, I took my phone out to snap a quick picture and tweeted it.

JennaGLB : Oh my gosh, the sky is beautiful ♡ pic.twitter.com/asduwnck3o

Right after I sent it, I hear an engine coming closer and closer.

Looking up in curiosity, it was another bus. The 5sos bus.

I sighed, looking back down at my phone.

.

"Hi."

I jump slightly at the voice, as I turn around and then look up.

Michael.

"Hey.'' I murmered, tracing my finger tip lightly over my lip in nervousness.

"Hi.'' He repeated, nodding once.

"Couldn't sleep?" I shrugged.

"Nope.'' He shakes his head. "Too much to think about anyway."

"Like what?"

I watch as Michael sits down right next to me.

"Us. How we'll even try to make it through."

"I.. Michael, I don't think there will ever be an us again. I'm afraid it's the end, and there's no way through it." I chuckled dryly. It was better than crying my eyes out anyway.

"But it can't be the end."

"It has too, I knew it was wrong to even give it a try. We have to try and erase this, reverse what we did." I gulped.

"I'm sorry." He muttered, looking down at his hands.

I sigh, reaching out and taking his hand in mine. "It wasn't your fault, it was actually mine."

"What? No, Jenna I--"

"I broke it off in the first place, and I'm always the one screwing it up anyway. I can't believe I was naive to even think this could work out. Michael, I'm really sorry I can't keep trying to turn on my friends this way. You're a distraction.''

That was partly a lie.. I didn't think he was a distraction. I said it so he could think it was true and he could finally agree that what we're trying to do is just completely wrong.

"Jenna."

I shook my head. ''I said I'm sorry, but I can't do this."

There was a silence, as I tried my best not to cry. I was holding back tears, my lips pressed into a thin line.

"Can I kiss you one more time?" He asks, as I look around, more cautious this time.

Seeing no one would be around two in the morning in the middle of nowhere, I thought it was a good idea.