Velvet

Song for the chapter: Summer heart- Subside ft. Kylo

November 30

"There you go." I whispered to baby turtles. A poison had contanminated an entire lake, infecting all the species living in the water.

To help the animals, I had to purify the water which wasn't so easy. The lake was as large if not larger as the forest fire. It took a lot of concentration not to mention energy to fix this.

The best part is that I didn't get pulled into the animals emotions. My mind was focused soley on ridding the evil instead of the creatures emotions.

I could tell I was getting better at this, my mindset is clearer, stronger. My pace in cleansing was increasing quickly, I could help multiple creatures in minutes.

"Good job, Babygirl." Jason kissed my head.

"Lets go home." I hurried.

I held onto Jason's hand, appearing in my room the next second.

Nothing has happened since the last demon and that scares me. They know where I live, my family and my friends, they know all of that yet they haven't tried anything.

Nothing other than the usual infections and diseases.

"I'm starting to get paranoid. What are they waiting for?" I held onto Jason's hand, pulling him into the bathroom with me.

"Making sure they play their cards right."

Throwing my sweater to ground, I frowned.

When doing Heavens work I feel very concentrated, nothing distracts me, focused on every level.

But when it comes to school... I can barely remember my name.

Sometimes we go around the world multiple times in just one night, making me frustrated, paranoid, and confused the following morning.

There's barely enough time for anything. Jason forces me to do my homework as soon as I get home but after that everything is disorganized even to the point of skipping classes midday to help someone. 

As for friends, I've barely had the energy to hang out with Lexi or Damon, I only see them at lunch but recently that time has been spent either running off with Jason or simply sleeping. Fortunately, Cassie seems to be fitting just perfectly and has not experienced anymore bullying. 

I stepped into the shower, turning on warm water. I quickly took off the rest of my underwear, tossing it with the rest of my clothes.

"Don't get upset, Kitten." Jason sighed from behind the curtain.

"I'm mentally exhausted, Jason." Standing under the water felt so nice.

Jason helps me sleep, he makes me feel like I slept for days in just a few hours. Following morning, I wake up feeling rejuvenated, and relaxed. But my mind and thoughts just over run my brain, feeling different emotions, thinking about endless things, remembering unnecessary events.

School recently went out for thanksgiving break but it was far from a break. Teachers seem to think breaks are for more school work. So they just give you useless packets and projects to do.

"Do want to go somewhere? Take a small vacation?"

"What do you mean?" I sighed, not really wanting to go anywhere.

"Go to the beach? Island? See the stars, the Northern lights, an aurora? Maybe somewhere colder, Switzerland? Russia? Alaska?"

"You'd take me there?" I bit my lip.