A Daughter's Disappointment.

Zelda and Mipha strolled through the courtyard. It had been just over three days since Link had woken up. Both the Princesses wanted to stay with Link until he was fully recovered, but the doctors would shoo them away, insisting that Link be left alone. Fortunately, Link was due to be released from the hospital wing the next morning.

Zelda and Mipha had spent most of their time together talking about how being a Princess was hard. Mipha's only friends were Link and her little brother Sidon. Zelda talked about her mother and her father. They quickly became friends.

"I heard your father was looking for you" Mipha sighed as she watched the flowers dance in the wind.

"I should go... The King doesn't like people he has summoned to be late..." Zelda looked at her feet.

"We could-" Mipha started but was quickly silenced my Zelda's raised hand.

"I must go. The King is waiting..."

***

"Come in."

Zelda opened the door to her father's private study.

"You requested my presence?"

"I did." King Roahm

The King stood up from his desk and walked towards his daughter, his face stern.

"Why have you not been researching and training these last few days?" The King asked, with no mercy in his voice.

"Um... Well... I-uh- well" Zelda stumbled her words.

"Zelda!"

Zelda stopped her rambling immediately and looked up into her father's eyes.

"I trusted you with the honour of protecting this entire Kingdom! You swore to devote your life to your training, to the only hope of Hyrule's future! Yet here you have been for the last few days, wasting prescious hours doing what? Sulking? Gossiping?" King Roahm went on and on.

Zelda felt her eyes filling up with tears. Her shoes, which she had permanently fixed on, started to swirl.

"I have being trying to make friends..." Zelda mumbled.

"Huh? So you are telling me that all the time that Link was been incapacitated, you haven't once spent time on your training? You've been wasting your breath on something that simple!" Zelda's father clenched his fists into balls, turning his nuckles white.

So that was what her father thought about her life... She was wasting her life? Did he really think that? She let the tears flow silently.

Zelda turned around and walked out of the door respectfully.

"Sorry Father..."

***

Zelda hurried out of her room, her travel gear and Sheikah Slate on her. She knew it was the middle of the night but she had to get away.

Reaching the stables, Zelda led Aspen, her horse out to the fields.

It took her some time to finally get onto her massive horse. She was used to Link lifting her up with his strong arms. She had wanted to wait for Link to be dismissed from the hospital wing, but she was too furious to wait.

Sprinting out of the castle grounds on top of Aspen, Zelda took out her Sheikah Slate and examined the map that glowed from it. Zelda wanted to go far away, somewhere she could train alone and away from her father...