7.) Indoor Camping Trips

“This is… cute.” Jackson said, inspecting the inside of the tent. I had put in two sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, flash lights, Boyce the Bear, and most of the munchies that we bought at the store.

“Thanks!” I chirped. “I worked super-duper hard on it.”

“And you remembered barbeque chips.” He said, popping open the brown Lays bag as I opened the salt and vinegar ones.

“Of course I remembered. How could I forget after you nearly exploded when you accidently ate my vinegar chips?”

“Okay, that was one time and those things are disgusting, but you can’t tell until you eat it because they don’t look suspicious at all until you put the devil into your mouth.”

“It was still funny when you started crying.” I chuckled.

“I did not cry.” He defended. “My eyes just happened to water in a very manly way.”

I laughed with a mouthful of chips. “Right, a very manly way.” I mocked him.

“Exactly.” He chirped. “So where’s that bear? Did he finally die?”

I shrieked. “Boyce will never die!”

“His time will come, Holls.” Jackson said matter-of-factly.

“Never!” I snapped, hugging my raggy brown bear close to my chest.

“What’d you do last night? You didn’t have him last night, did you?” He asked with raised eyebrows.

“Okay, that soo doesn’t count. I was with Ryder frikkin’ West. I think Boyce understands.” I mumbled, stuffing a whole slice of salami into my mouth.

“I’m sure he felt lonely.” Jackson teased.

“He’s a big boy, he can spend one night alone.” I huffed, petting Boyce’s matted fur.

“Whatever you say.” He sang.

“Do you remember Nick Embry?” I asked randomly through another slice of salami.

“Yeah, he was on the football team, right?” Jackson asked, chomping on the popcorn.

“Yeah. Well, him and Libby are dating.” I said with a crooked smile.

“Really?” He asked with raised eyebrows. “Is he still  the giant jerk that he used to be?”

I nodded. “He’s a super prick and he cheats on all of his girlfriends. I keep telling Libby that but ‘noo’ she’s heels over head and she’s going to get her heart broken, like a twig. A small, stupid little twig.”

“But she’ll get over it because she has you, right?”

“Well, I am pretty great.” I said with a sly smile. “Anywho, how have you been? Hollywood everything you thought it would be?”

He smiled. “Yeah, it’s great. It’s still hard to believe sometimes.” He said, popping a few more chips in his mouth.

“Remember that one time when Aunt Rosie told you that you’d never make it. You cried for two days straight.” I said with a small smirk.

“Okay, I was ten and if you were ten and your favorite aunt tells you that your dreams will never come true, it kind of scars you for life.” He defended.

I nodded. “Sure, sure. But it was a big change for me too. I got way popular after Lipstick Lullabies.”

“That stupid chick flick? People actually watched that?” He muttered.