Twenty Five

36 weeks pregnant

"Liam." I told Antonio.

"I like it." He said.

"Alessandro?" I asked.

"And how about Lucas?" He asked.

"I love it." I said and ran my fingers through his hair as he laid his head on my breasts.

It became quiet after that and we laid there in comfortable silence.

My phone buzzed after a while and I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey! What's up?" Cameron's voice said. Cameron was a cool guy, he and I were getting along really well until Antonio interrupted us.

"Hey! How'd you get my number?" I asked, confused.

"You gave it to me. Remember?" He said, his voice laced with amusement.

"Oh yeah. I did." I said after racking my brain for a while.

"Who are you talking to?" Antonio said and I looked down at him.

"Listen can I call you back?" I said into the phone.

"Yeah sure. You can deal with that possessive husband of yours first." He said chuckling. "But let him know my actions are completely platonic."

"Boyfriend." I corrected. "And I'll let him know." I said and hung up.

"Who was that?" Antonio asked sitting up and crossing his arms.

"Cameron." I said quietly, hoping he wouldn't make a fuss over it.

He frowned. "Why did he have your number?" He asked.

"Because I gave it to him." I said in a duh tone. "He's just a friend Antonio." I added when his expression darkened.

"To you maybe, but what about him? How do you know he feels the same way?" He asked narrowing his eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "He does and even if he didn't, I'm with you and I have no interest in any guy other than you." I said crossing my arms.

"Corina, I'm a guy okay? I know what goes on in our heads. And you are beautiful, I know who wants you." he said. "Also I'm a Mafia king and you being my queen doesn't make it safe for you to befriend everyone and anyone. You never know who could be a threat."

What he said made my skin pale. I had never really considered myself at threat but he was right. Being with Antonio wasn't safe but I had fallen too deeply in love with him to leave. But my safety wasn't the only thing I was worried about, it was Antonio's as well.

He must've noticed my expression because he cupped my face in his hands. "I'll always protect you, you know that right?"

I nodded and kissed his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too baby." He said smiling down at me.

I smiled back and climbed into his lap burying my face in his neck.

Antonio's pov

I sat in my study thinking about Corina. She was gone to the movie theatre with Kate so I decided to have a quick meeting. I planned on proposing to her and I was confident that she'd say yes. At least I hoped she did since I had already started on wedding planning. I know it was too early for that considering I hadn't even asked her but I couldn't wait, I was absolutely ready to make her mine, fully.

So here I was sitting with Lindsey, who's family owned one of the best wedding planning companies and she had been running it quite well since the last four years. She and I used to have a thing way before Corina but she still tried to seduce me every chance she got and it absolutely disgusted me, but I had to try to be polite to her considering our fathers were childhood best friends.