Chapter Twenty-Five: The Scapegoat

Hours ticked by like minutes and still the scientists from Lexcorp had found nothing

Hours ticked by like minutes and still the scientists from Lexcorp had found nothing. Every small detail was an exact replica to the ones they sold at Luthor's company. Which begged the question; How had this explosive not been crushed when the water pressure became too high? And how did it present a threat? Human bombs wouldn't have much effect down there. Camille's eyes widened in realization.

"Open it up." She ordered, rushing to their side and staring down at the weapon.

"We can't do that." One of the researchers argued reluctantly. "This is evidence that the Atlantean High Court would want. They'll be here to collect it soon...if we destroy it we might make the whole situation worse."

The chief groaned. She already second-guessed herself enough without someone else doing it for her. "Please, just do it."

They didn't dare question her decision again. Instead, they started dissembling the contraption but its hull proved itself too sturdy to be destroyed easily. They sat there, without a moments rest, pulling out the wiring and cutting through the metal with whatever sharp objects that they could find (since Atlantis certainly hadn't allowed them much in terms of blades). Finally, they broke through. The outer casing had cracked and its insides were left bare. It was a network of colour, advanced tech...and magic.

"Uh...what am I looking at?" One of the researchers murmured, finding himself bewildered by the moving patterns within it.

"It isn't one of ours." A LexCorp scientist stated, gaze unable to break away from the bomb's inner workings. "This is beyond human science, Chief Hanson."

As their curious eyes remained fixed on their fascinating discovery, Camille leaned forward and grabbed the weapon from in front of them. This proved that it wasn't Lex, but not who had framed him. She needed an Atlantean opinion. The scientists almost wanted to reach out and take the bomb back for study, but Camille ran to the other side of the room before they could even consider it and started throwing the protective suit on.

"Good job. I'm going to go save your boss now." Camille called out to them, noticing their disappointment at the disappearance of their new project.

Once she was secure inside the suit she stepped out of the barrier and back into the ocean. She swam, with not even a quarter of the speed an Atlantean would have, and was somehow fortunate enough to ww, and as strange music started filling her surroundings, Camille realised how late it was. The we wedding was already happening.

"Camille?" Mera said with apparent relief to see her. "I was starting to think you wouldn't show. Are you here to crash the wedding?"

"Kind of. Stopping an international incident is at the top of the list though." She replied with a few wheezy breaths. Camille had used almost all of her energy just trying to push herself through the water...it probably didn't help that she hadn't slept. Camille gathered her composure and resisted the urge to yawn as she held the weapon out towards Mera. "The casing's been made from a LexCorp device, but the internals don't match up. We don't have access to that kind of technology."