Fourty-One

Amelia knew she had to tell Narcissa she was pregnant. She knew it wouldn't go down too well. Amelia was bracing herself for Narcissa to want her removed from Hogwarts.

When morning came, Amelia woke and sighed. She was feeling sick but knew that she couldn't have too many people knowing. It wouldn't do her any good.

She left the common room to see Snape walking quite quick. "Severus. Is everything okay?"

Snape looked at her. "A meeting. The dark lord isn't happy with something."

Amelia nodded. "Stay safe. Please."

***
Amelia was worried about Snape. She knew the dark lord didn't know about their relationship as they had kept it quiet. Maisie noticed her. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

Amelia shrugged. "Severus has been summoned by the dark lord. He looked panicked."

Maisie sighed and took Amelia's hand. "It's all going to be okay Amelia. He'll come back," she said.

***
Snape sat in Malfoy Manor. Voldemort walked in and Snape could tell he looked mad. "My faithful servants. It has been brought to my attention that Amelia Malfoy is with child. This child is not mine."

Realisation dawned on Snape. It was his baby that Amelia was pregnant with. He didn't know how to feel. Snape looked at Voldemort.

Voldemort was fuming. "I want to know who impregnated Amelia. Whoever did this will die. Severus, as my only spy permitted within Hogwarts. I want you to keep a close eye on the girl. Whomever you see her with, report to me," he said.

"Yes my lord," he replied. Although he had no intentions of telling him anything. If Amelia was pregnant with his child, he wouldn't put her at risk.

***
Snape went back to Hogwarts. He stormed down to the dungeons. Amelia was standing at the entrance to the common room. "I think we need to talk," he said.

Amelia turned to him and saw the look of anger on his face. She followed him to his office. Snape turned to her. "Do you not think that I had a right to know you're with child? My child to be precise?" He asked.

Amelia paled. She looked at him. "Who told you?" She asked. She couldn't believe he knew.

Snape rolled his eyes. "The dark lord has been made aware of the situation. He believes that a boy impregnated you. He doesn't suspect me."

Amelia nodded. "Okay. That's good. We can decide about how to keep the baby safe."

Snape sighed. "I don't want to be involved. I cannot be a father."

"What?"

"If you have any sense you will get rid of that child."

Amelia looked at him. "Look, Madam Pomfrey told me that this could be my only chance to have a baby. I'm keeping it."

Severus nodded. "Then I cannot be involved. I wish you the best but what we had is over."

***
Amelia walked back to the common room. She was in tears. Maisie walked over. "Meli?"

"He knows about the baby. He doesn't want to be involved."

Maisie frowned as she held her best friend. She knew Amelia was going to need all the help she could get. But would Snape change his mind?