Chapter fifty three- I have a visitor

I love music. That's one thing that keeps me going.

Let me avoid boring you out.

I'm pleased to present to you chapter fifty three ❤️ and over 2k reads.

I honestly love you guys.. shout out to my little sis CallMeCaraD I love you hunny ❤️❤️😘

Another update.. please enjoy ❤️------------

Iris's p.o.v.

Thursday night and Hunter isn't back from work yet.

It's actually been three days since I confronted him about the letter and ever since the motivation to bring it up again had just vanished.

I softly tucked Louisa into bed and gathered her drawing supplies from her side to keep it on the night stand.

It was already late at night and what had kept me up was proof reading a contract BellStone had sent to us.

If I'm to presume it should be eleven pm or there about and when I picked up my cellphone to be sure, I was nearly correct.

10:47pm

A yawn escaped me before I could realize and that only made me aware of how exhausted I've been of recent.

It even feels like I don't get enough sleep.

I checked on Louie and used my hand to sweep away stray bangs of her hair that had crowded her face.

After making sure she was all comfortable, I placed a soft peck on her cheek in which she responded to with a sigh that attracted a light chuckle from me.

I used my eyes to run over her features and I may have realized why Hunter can't detect his own blood.

She may have a spitting resemblance to him, but then there's just this 'it' that covers it all up.

My mom used to say it's my aura that causes it. It takes two to train a kid, but when it's only done by one the kid takes after everything they have.

And that was how she explained it, still confusing but good enough for an explanation.

Taking a final look at her is when I notice an injury on her pinky. It looks like a paper cut and it didn't go so deep which I'm grateful for.

It only had a red surface. So I reached for the night stand and retrieved a little jar of petroleum jelly to apply over the scratch.

Satisfied with my first aid, I stood up to go brush my teeth.

It was a short trip to the bathroom and back to the bedroom. Just in time to see a phonecall from Mr McConnell.

That is, Hunter's Dad.

I wiped my palms on my pajama shorts before answering the call.

" Hello?" He was the first to speak and his voice sounded extremely tired.

Well it should be, it's almost midnight.

Well it could be different over there.

" Mr McConnell, good evening" having a seat on the edge of my bed.

" Jules, it's so nice to hear from you again. How have you been?"

" I've been well, what about you? How's the business treating you?" My eyes scanning my thighs and seeing some bed lines from the way I was seated previously.