11. Prancing around town

"Are we still going to Anna's?" I asked my best friend Caitlynn.

"Is it ok if I invite Tyler?" She asked me.

Caitlynn and I usually went to Anna's, a local ice cream parlor after school at least once a week. We didn't always see each other a lot around school so we had decided at the beginning of last year to start up this tradition.

"Yeah of course." I forced a smile.

Anna's was our place, it was something we did together. I wasn't super happy she wanted to invite her boyfriend but I loved her and if that's what she wanted I'd let her do it.

"Yay I can't wait!" She smiled and ran off to get to her next class.

I slumped into my desk next to Trevor. History was one of my favorite classes and not just because it was the last one of the day and when it was over I could leave.

"What's got you in a bad mood?" He questioned.

"I'm not in a bad mood." I grumbled.

"Sure you aren't." He chuckled.

I glared at him and pulled my stuff out for the class.

"If looks could kill, I'd still be happily prancing around this earth. That was the nicest I want to kill you face I've ever seen."

"Happily prancing around?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Yeah what did you think I did when I wasn't in school?"

"Definitely not happily prance around town." I laughed.

"See I got you to laugh. Mission accomplished."

"You're an-,"

"Amazingly sexy human being? Yeah I know." He cut me off.

"Not what I was going to say."

"Hmm strange I could've sworn that's what you were going to say." He just shrugged.

"This is why people don't like you."

"And why is that?" He questioned.

"Because you're obnoxious."

His face broke out into a huge smile.

"I love that you always say so many nice things about me." He teased.

I just rolled my eyes and diverted my attention to the teacher as she started the lesson.

When the final bell rang I didn't get up and sprint out of the room like I usually would. I decided to take my sweet time. Caitlynn and Tyler could wait for me.

"I have to give Amy a ride home but do you want to hang out after?" Trevor asked me.

"I can't, I already made plans." I told him.

Oh how I wished I could hang out with Trevor instead of being a third wheel all afternoon.

"Oh," Trevor frowned.

"But how about tomorrow?" I offered.

"I'm going to hold you to that." He grinned and marched out of the classroom.

I grabbed my bag and walked out into the hallway. I saw Caitlynn leaning against my locker waiting for me.

"What took you so long?" She complained.

"I had to pack my stuff up, calm down."

"Drop that attitude and let's go get some ice cream." She said and dragged me out fo the school.

I noticed Tyler standing by his car waiting for Caitlynn.

"Meet us there?" He turned to me when we walked up to him.

"Yeah I'll see you guys there." I nodded and continued walking to my own car.

I wanted to just drive home but Caitlynn was my best friend. Me and Tyler weren't the closest but I knew she was crazy about him so I had to give him a chance. I'd be nice and try to get to know him more.

I know the fact me and him don't really get along bothered Caitlynn. She wanted us to be friends but I really couldn't see that happening. He was nice enough but he never seemed to have any interest in trying to actually have a conversation with me.

I started my car and followed Tyler's to Anna's.

"I'm so excited, I think I'm going to get something new." Caitlynn cheered when we all arrived.

"You aren't getting your usual?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

Me and her got the same order every time we came. I got a two scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream with hot fudge and Caitlynn got one scoop of chocolate chip and one scoop of peanut butter cup ice cream with caramel and whipped cream. It was our tradition.

"No I think I want to try something else. Tyler was telling me about how he always gets a banana split. I think I might split one with him." She explained.

I give her a strange look. This was not what I had expected.

"You're going to split one?"

"Yeah I wouldn't be able to finish my own." She waved me off.

I knew she was lying. I'd seen Caitlynn eat and she ate a lot especially when it came to ice cream. We used to split a half gallon during our sleepovers. She usually ate a little over half off it.

I couldn't understand why she was acting like this.

I walked up to the counter and placed my usual order. Just because Caitlynn was throwing away our traditions doesn't mean I was going to.

Once we all got our ice creams we sat down in one of the booths.

"I'm going to run to the bathroom, don't eat all the ice cream." She sent a playful glare and ran off.

I had a feeling she was going to take her sweet time to try to get me and Tyler to bond.

I looked over at Tyler to see him just sitting there eating the sundae in front of him.

I knew this would be awkward, I didn't know how to talk to him. He had no interest in talking to me.

"Caitlynn told me you were starting in the game on Friday." Baseball, that was a good conversation starter.

"Yeah, I start every game." He said.

Ok maybe baseball was not a good conversation starter.

Was it just me or did he seem like he really didn't like me? I tried to start a conversation but he didn't take the bait.

"This looks dull." I heard someone say next to me.

I looked up and immediately breathed a sigh of relief.

Trevor.

A/n:

I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I am in the middle of midterms and I'm so stressed and I've been nonstop doing work. But in a couple days I'll be home and enjoying spring break. Well at least trying to enjoy it since I have work I have to do over break too.

It you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to comment and vote.

-cora Leigh