Facing Fears

Nia watched as Echo and Raven fought one another

Nia watched as Echo and Raven fought one another. She watched their techniques closely but made no remark. Sometimes she wished to join but the fear of her nightmares held her back.

Her eyes shifted to her son who stood beside his father but Bellamy had yet to engage with him. But the boy paid no mind to it as he swung his play sword around. A gift from Echo on his birthday after he began to walk around. The thought of her innocent boy fighting scared her to death but with them in space, it would be awhile before it might become reality. She let out a sigh before focusing on the two again.

It wasn't long till Echo had Raven in a chokehold similar to how Nia beat Echo that one time. All Raven needed to do was two out and it'd be over.

"Soup's on." Monty called out walking toward their designated dining area.

This caught Echo's attention giving Raven the advantage. Nia smiled as Raven was quick to seize it and get out of the hold. After some quick movements Raven had the upper hand and it wasn't long till Echo tapped her leg.

A huge smile graced Raven's lips at the action and released her hold. "Ha ha! Yes! Finally!"

Nia shook her head at the antics before going to gather Atlas. She sat him in her lap taking a seat at the table. Eating time was always a challenge for Atlas especially when they tried to use Monty's algae.

"Oh, come on. I let you win so we could eat." Echo remarked trying to regard that Raven had bested her.

"This isn't eating. It's surviving." Harper announced taking a seat beside Nia and smiling brightly at Atlas.

The boy sent her a toothy grin back and babbled back to some words he had learned, trying his best to place full sentences together. For someone his age, he advanced rather quickly with movements but placing sentences together was difficult. But he understood what gestures were and complied when being told what to do.

"Hey, the new and improved triple G is better, and you know it." Monty commented filling their cups. Since they were trying to get Atlas comfortable with algae he had been trying his best to make it more appealing for the toddler.

"Triple G?" Nia questioned the name that Monty seem to constantly give their protein.

"He calls this one Green's green goop." Harper explained the abbreviated name.

"Better name, too." Monty noted.

"And if by better, you mean doesn't want to make your violently hurl, then, yeah, it's an improvement." Raven stated reminding them of all the horrid tastes that came with the goop.

"Speaking of green, how's Eden?" Monty asked Bellamy finally pulling him from his stand point.

"Still just a dot."He informed walking over before calling out to the other person in the room. "Emori, take a break."