29: Amusement

The last thing I expect to see when I enter Trevor's room are all the teddy bears and other fluffy toys on his bed. I look around his room in awe because i would've never expected his room to look like this. I imagined band posters, writings on the walls, dark colours and simple decorations but instead all I see is colours, colours and more colours. Although his walls are white, on one of them there are swirly drawings in pastel pinks, purples, greens and blues, his bed has a pastel pink blanket and I did mention all the toys. Elliot of course doesn't seem surprised by any of this and he throws himself on the bed, squishing a lot of the toys.

"Not what you imagined right?" Trevor says from beside me, startling me.

"To be honest, no. But I like this. It has a lot of character." I really do like it. It's so unlike Trevor but the brightness of the room strangely makes me happy. I see why he likes these colours.

"Well, this is how my room looked like since I was in elementary. Although I don't particularly love the way it looks now since my style has slightly changed, I wouldn't change the room. It just reminds me of the old times and makes me feel nostalgic."

"I remember when I helped you decorate it." Elliot adds in from the bed.

"Yeah, I had a lot of fun." Trevor smiles Elliot's way.

"We didn't do a great job though, so April had to come and repaint it nicely. But, we got a reward for trying. Lisa made us a cake and we helped her." Elliot says.

"Yeah, but Mr. Klutz over here somehow managed to drop the cake. But at least we had cut out a piece for each of us so it wasn't a complete waste." Trevor laughs and grabs Elliot's feet to shake them in a playful manner.

"You guys sure seem like you've had fun." They both look at me when I say that.

"Now we'll have fun with you. These are old memories but we can make new ones together. As The Rainbow Warriors." Trevor reaches over to me and pulls my hand so I'm sitting on the bed next to them.

"You were really serious when you named us that weren't you?"

"Of course Ashy. And I'm gonna use that a lot."

"Hey Trevor, do you still have that train set?" Elliot asks. Trevor ponder for a second but then he bends under the bed and searches.

"Found it!" He exclaims as he stands back up together with a big box.

"Let's build it and play." Elliot claps his hands in excitement.

"We'll teach you how to play Ash." Trevor says when he sits down on the ground. Elliot and I sit down too and we start building the train tracks.

It's safe to say that I'm having the time of my life. And I'm not being sarcastic. I feel like a kid again, playing with friends, having fun... As a child I wasn't very into all the games everyone else was playing, I was more of a stay at home and play with action figures kind of kid. But I've really missed out on all the fun.
Playing with toys at our age might seem very childish and immature but I see that Trevor and Elliot don't care so why should I?

"I'm surprised this is still working like it used to when I was little. I thought it'd break halfway through." Trevor says as he places the train at the beginning of the tracks so we start again.

"Well, this is a good quality toy. These days everything breaks fast because nothing is good quality." I say.

"True, true."

"Boys!!!" Lisa yells from downstairs.

"What??!" Trevor yells back.

"Dinner is ready!" We pack up the train back in the box and head in the kitchen where the table is filled with different food. It all looks mouthwatering.