xi

don't forget to vote & comment <3

Six Years Ago

After Kenny left, Wendy probably looked like a mad woman to any other human. She ran straight upstairs to get her shower done and then she had to get ready, by which she had to straighten her hair for the occasion. She was tempted to keep it curly because she left awfully lazy this evening but she wanted to keep up her good appearances.

Anytime it came down to seeing Kenny, Wendy always did a one-eighty in personality change. She's usually a relaxed, laid back person, but Kenny just brought out the wild side in her. She couldn't quite tell if that was a good thing or not yet.

This night could most definitely make-or-break this developing relationship and Wendy was a tad nervous. She wanted to get to know him, she wanted to become invested in a real relationship. But there was this nagging voice in the back of her head reminding her of a certain other boy that she'd much rather not think about.

Kenny was sweet, charming, funny, everything Harry was not. At least not to her. So Wendy made a vow to herself to no longer think about the ruthless, soulless teenage boy anymore. At least for the remainder of the night.

Trying not to stress so hard over an outfit this time, Wendy racked her brain for ideas. She knew it was going to be warm out during the night, so to dress light. She didn't know exactly where they were going but knew she had to dress cute no matter what. After a solid twenty minutes (as per usual) Wendy finally decided on an acceptable outfit. She chose a white flowy off the shoulder top, matched it with a denim skirt, these white gladiator sandals that made her legs look longer than they are, and a simple cardigan just in case it got cold wherever they're going.

After completing her minimal makeup Wendy took a gander at her hair. Liking how it worked with the outfit, she decided to keep it in its natural state. She just hoped she wouldn't regret that decision later on.

Before she knew it, Wendy her the doorbell ring, signaling Kenny's arrival. Grabbing a small purse and her phone, Wendy hurried down the grand staircase to greet her date.

"Well, don't you look dapper," she smiled, descending the last stair. Wendy could see Diana smile out of the corner of her eye before venturing back off to wherever she was before answering the door.

"You look... gorgeous," Kenny beamed, giving Wendy a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh, stop," Wendy waved him off. "Alright keep 'em coming."

Kenny laughed at her joke, opening the door a little wider as to escort her out of the house. "Bit of a narcissist are you?"

"My friends could vouch for me," Wendy shrugged, sliding into the passenger seat of his car.

"I'm starting to see right through you Miss. Kane."

"Ah, but you've barely scratched the surface Mr. Hofmann," Wendy sent him a wink, buckling in her seat belt. He rolled his eyes, and then they were off.

"So where are we off to?" Wendy questioned, crossing her right leg over her left.

"I hate to be that boring guy, but I figured it'd be nice to go to this restaurant in the city. I've been there, it's nice and quaint, and then if you want we can just explore the rest of the night. Is that okay? Sorry, I've just never been on a formal date," he chuckled nervously bringing his hand up to rub the back of neck.

Before his palm touch the skin of his neck, Wendy grabbed his hand and squeezed it with a reassuring smile. "It sounds wonderful."

"Really?" He asked, eyebrows raising in genuine surprise.