Chapter 10

** DAMON CARBONE POV **

"No. We're not doin' this. Have ya lost your mind?!"

"They're out there. Which means that K's still out there."

"Ghost, you're going to have to face the reality that K's gone. You have to move on. I know it's hard, trust me, but you have to face the truth."

"If they're still out there, that means K is too."

I heard the whispers fill the air as I slowly regained my senses. I closed my eyes, pretending to be unconscious as I continued to eavesdrop on their hushed conversation. 

"It's too dangerous. If we get too close, you know what they'll do."

"Would you rather us spend the rest of our lives hiding? Waiting for them to inevitably come for us again?"

"She's right. We can't spend the rest of our lives constantly looking over our shoulder."

"They've found us, it's only a matter of time."

"Sister, this is too dangerous. It'll never work."

"But what if it does, brother?!"

"Shhh... keep ya voice down. You'll wake them."

The whispers came to a halt as I continued to act as if I was unconscious. I heard someone mutter something inaudible, as I listened to footsteps coming closer to me. The smell of lavender and flowers filled the air around me, consuming my senses as I fought the urge to take a deep breath to inhale the heavenly aroma. 

"I know you're awake. No need to pretend anymore." A deep and seductive voice whispered in my ear. Her British accent made my body tense as her lips gently grazed my ear. I opened my eyes and looked to the side to see the blonde beauty bending down next to me, her lips still hovering over my ear. She smirked before pulling away, her warmth replaced by a chilling coldness as she stood up. 

I watched as she walked in front of me, standing in front of her crew as she looked at them. Each one of them nodded at her slightly before she turned around and pulled out her gun. She cocked it and pointed it right at me, her hazel eyes meeting mine. On the outside, I remained composed, but I couldn't help but feel anxiety coursing through me. 

"You have yourself a deal, Mr. Carbone." She said with a serious expression on her face before she quickly brought her gun up higher and aimed it at the chains above my ankles. She shot three bullets in rapid succession, breaking the chains with a single bullet and making Angelo, Gio, and myself fall face first onto the floor. The impact woke up Angelo and Gio, who both groaned in pain on the cement. 

"This is Rebel," The blonde beauty said as she pointed to the Caribbean woman I recognized from the bar. She smirked and saluted us as she leaned against the table. 

"Storm," She said as she motioned to the muscular man standing in the corner of the room. His arms were crossed and his face was hard as he nodded at us. 

"And Fox." She said as she nodded with her head to the woman next to her, who smirked and waved. 

"And you are?" I said as I got to my knees and stood up slightly, struggling with the restraints on my wrists. 

"Ghost." She said coldly as she looked down at me. 

"What's your real name?" I asked out of curiosity. 

"Ghost." She said calmly as she raised her eyebrow and started walking towards me. She got behind me and bent down, grabbing my restraints while Fox and Rebel did the same to Angelo and Gio.