Dealing with wolves (part2)

After we were done eating together, I tried to help Victoria clean up but she just grabbed the boxes of take out and threw them in the sink. She said the maids will deal with it tomorrow. She also told me to make myself at home so I did. I went back up to my room and changed into my PJ's. Grabbed my books out of my bag to do my homework.

I was safe. No Markus. No bullshit. The bed I was on felt like soft fluffy clouds. The takeout tasted amazing. The room was beautiful. The guy that made my heart race was next door.

Everything was good.

Actually, it was more than that, it was great.

But I've come to realize every great moment in my life was very short lived.

My phone vibrated next to my books and I flipped it over to read a text from Alexander.

It simply said "Come downstairs"

" what the..?", I voiced, confused.

I started typing out my response :"If you need me, move your ass and come to me, I'm not your secretar..." but I stopped typing suddenly, the thought of him driving me to Victoria's place, paying for our dinner, giving me his number and telling me I could call him next time I needed a place to stay came to mind so I erased my text and got up to make my way to my door.

Ok, fine, I'll come down myself. Let's just be nice to him this once. He's been nothing but pleasant tonight. If it weren't for him, I'd be home with Markus probably fighting him off of me.

Once I made my way downstairs. The house seemed oddly quiet and some really eerie energy was roaming around. I knew Victoria was in her room. The lights were off everywhere so I wondered what "Downstairs" meant. Was he somewhere else? Was he outside? Was he in the basement?

I debated whether I should check the living room or the kitchen or just text him again but my question was answered when I heard a crash in the kitchen and wondered what on earth was Alexander doing.

Not even thinking twice, I went inside the dark kitchen. The glass door was open to the backyard, nothing but the light of the crescent moon was illuminating the counter and bouncing off the table.

Cold winter wind was coming in from the door so I made my way over to close it to preserve heat inside. It wasn't until I shut it close and turned around that I spotted two eyes glistening in the dark area of the kitchen next to the dinner table and I froze in my place.

My blood ran cold at that one moment. It was staring at me. Motionless. In the darkness. My breathing was cut for a second.

I am going to say this as carefully as I can so I don't understate it. The word "giant" is tossed around carelessly enough in this day and age, but hear me out:

Looking straight at me with its tail casually wagging left and right was a giant actual wolf.

Like a real life wolf. Undoubtedly oversized. Looking at me. Next to the dinner table. Sitting down. Ears up. Tail wagging slowly and curiously. Big. Fluffy. Brown. Wolf.

Eyes on me.

I let out a shaky breath and backed off.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST !!

The reality of the situation quickly came down crashing on me : Someone left the glass door open and a stray wolf wondered into Victoria's house, most likely lured by the scent of takeout food boxes we carelessly threw in the sink instead of safely put in the recycle bin.