Chapters 501-510

Chapter 501: Kill Them Slowly

The footsteps of the eastern barbarians continued while everyone hesitated. The barbarians swiftly gathered and moved to form a ring surrounding the thunder lagoon. Then, they brandished their bows and eyed them savagely.

The martial practitioners of every force from the Land of Chaos wore expressions that were as grim as tainted water. Every so often, they would look at the thunder lagoon behind them, still struggling to make a decision.

“Retreat for now!”

Qin Lie gritted his teeth, becoming the first person to turn away. He reluctantly moved in the opposite direction which the eastern barbarians had yet to reach.

“Damn it!” Du Xiangyang cursed angrily, also turning around.

Luo Chen said nothing, his expression somber.

Xue Moyan and Pan Qianqian sighed helplessly.

Chu Li simply hugged He Wei’s corpse tightly, refusing to move.

“We have to go now, Chu Li. We’ll come back later,” Qin Lie said softly.

Chu Li abruptly raised his head to look at Qin Lie, harsh, icy light shooting from his eyes. A frightening killing intent welled up inside of them.

Qin Lie nodded. “Despite entering the fastest, the forces that went into the thunder lagoon failed to acquire a single Pure Soul Spring. Instead, they left eight corpses behind. This means that seizing the Pure Soul Springs isn’t as easy as everyone imagined.”

Qin Lie’s words brought hope to their faces, and they quickly came to agree with him.

Even Chu Li wordlessly got to his feet.

“We’re the ones farthest from the eastern barbarians! Let’s go!” Qin Lie exclaimed.

Becoming the first group to retreat, everyone followed Qin Lie’s lead and left without another glance at the thunder lagoon.

“Qin Lie’s group has retreated!” Su Yan yelled in surprise.

The leaders of the three remaining forces focused their sharp gazes on Qin Lie.

Feng Yiyou, Yu Men, Huang Zhuli, and Ye Yihao paused for a moment, exchanging glances, then gritted their teeth and yelled, “Retreat!”

The three forces under their control turned and headed in the direction that Qin Lie’s group had escaped in. They moved like lightning, afraid of being left behind.

In the opposite direction, Sen Ye, leader of the eastern barbarians, grinned and laughed wickedly.

“Pursue them for two hundred and fifty kilometers!” he yelled.

Dozens of eastern barbarian obeyed his command, charging toward their enemies and roaring like a herd of violent beasts.

The Forbidden Land of Thunder was once again the location of an extraordinary occurrence. The four forces representing the Land of Chaos made a mad dash for the swamplands under the lead of Qin Lie.

Black Voodoo Cult, Celestial Artifact Sect, and Ten Thousand Beast Mountain followed his group closely, afraid of being left behind.

Farther back, dozens of eastern barbarians drew their giant curved bows, raining arrows down upon them like a meteor shower. The continuous rain of arrows emitted shrill whistling noises, shooting toward the three forces of the Land of Chaos.

Blood curdling screams rang out as martial practitioners of the three great families fell victim to the rain of arrows and died wretched deaths.

“Hahaha, these are the so-called elites of the Land of Chaos? They practically die in one shot!”