Chapter Four: Fears

"Passport?"

Check!

"Charger?"

Check.

"Okay, now you'll need a suit and—"

Taehyung! Jungkook's deep voice shouting from Taehyung's phone interrupts the teacher's nervous babbling. It'll be fine. I'm not going to embarrass you if that's what you're worried about.

"I'm not," Taehyung sighs, flopping down on his bed and instantly bringing a pillow to his chest, "If anything, my family will try to embarrass me with you," Jungkook chuckles, the sweet sound sends Tae's heart aflutter and cheeks aflame. He cuddles closer to the pillow, trying to calm the little annoyances Jungkook causes.

There's nothing they could say that would make me think lesser of you, Jungkook says, sitting at his desk and fiddling with his computer. He has to put his escort account on hold for now, not wanting any disruptions during his time with Taehyung.

"That's very sweet, but you don't know my family..."

But I will soon. For now, we should come up with a backstory. Jungkook hates hearing Taehyung wallowing in doubt and insecurity. Not because he finds it annoying or childish. No. He hates hearing that tone because it means he cannot think highly of himself. That his insecurities have consumed him, making it impossible to see past the past.

"Right...no, you're totally right. A backstory is a great idea!" Taehyung chimes, shaking himself out of his mini pity party, "Would you like to come over? We can talk over it in person?" he suggests, oddly excited to meet with Jungkook again.

My, my, Taehyung. Inviting a man over so late at night? What would your mother say? Jungkook dramatically teases, and Taehyung bursts into laughter; the sound of it is so sweet and melodic to Jungkook's ears that he is determined to hear that again and again.

"Jungkook, it is only 8pm, and my mother would probably call me some names that should not be repeated in polite company," he chimes, the smile on his face growing when Jungkook laughs.

Perfect. Let's make a scandal of ourselves. I will see you in ten minutes, Jungkook retorts, Though an address would be helpful...

Taehyung blushes, "Right! I totally forgot you don't know that. I'll text it to you,"

Great. See you in a bit, cutie. As the line goes dead, Taehyung can't help but smile.

"He thinks I'm cute?" he whispers before glancing down at his clothes, or in this case his pajamas, "Shit!" he scurries off his bed, quickly stripping out of his striped pajamas before yanking on a baggy long-sleeved shirt and some skinny jeans. He leaves his room for the bathroom to straighten his messy hair when he hears a knock on his door. With a deep, calming, breath, he wanders over to the door, opening it hesitantly. Jungkook stands on the other side, looking very attractive in a white shirt, ripped jeans, and Timberlands. A loose leather jacket hangs open over his muscular frame, while Taehyung just gawks at him.

"Hey sorry I'm early...can I come in or are you going to just stare all night?" he teases before Taehyung blushes brightly and steps to the side.

"Sorry, yes, please! Come on in!" he squeaks, letting Jungkook in while comparing him to a Greaser in his head. He quickly shakes away those thoughts as he closes and locks the door out of habit. Jungkook looks around the apartment with a smile on his lips; it isn't a big place, but the artwork and furniture make the pale white walls feel more cozy and quaint. It has a better, more welcoming, vibe than his own place.