Without Your Belief, What Can You Really Do?

Song for the chapter: Spica- You Don't Love Me

Jason appeared at my side, tearing the weapon away from the mans hand in an instant.

"Hurry." Jason rushed,  watching my back. I touched the man, sending my wave of energy through him.

"Serenity!" A woman's voice called.

"Go," Jason nodded toward me.

Warily walking deeper into the woods, I held my sword tight.

"You're just a human?" The voice sounded normal, maybe a little creepy but not demonic like the ones before. "Then whats so great about you? Why is everyone losing to you?" Her voice circled around me, teasing and taunting just like the rest of them.

A silhouette appeared in front of me. I slashed through it only for the shadow to disappear. Its playing with me.

"Bad swordsmanship. You are pathetic!" She laughed. "How could this possibly be Heavens warrior?!"A breeze past me, making me turn around looking for her. "You. Are. Nothing." She whispered in my ear.

I grunted, whipping my sword around me.

"Serenity! Do not listen to it. You know...you know exactly what you mean to this world, to this life."

I nodded, remembering everything I've been through and learned.

"You're weak!" I felt a push against my back. "You will die." The normal voice gone, now replaced with something distorted.

I saw Jason move from beside me, slipping into the thick woods. 

"Ugh!" The demon grunted, Jason came into sight, punching air or at least that's what I thought until black liquid splattered against my clothes.

It soon ended with the demon revealing its ghastly appearance. Sickly green skin with hair matted to its face. Eyes yellow with pale dry lips. Jason held her the throat, both hands around her skinny neck, pushing her towards me. 

"I see..." She scoffed. "He does all the work while you take the glory. You can't do anything if he isn't around." She struggled to get away from Jason's hold. He pushed her down into the ground. "Pathetic. Pathetic. Pathetic! Heaven's warrior is a fake! Fake! Fake! Fake!" She yelled, black blood dripping from her mouth.

"Serenity, don't let her talk." Jason warned. I looked down at the demon, wondering if she was right.

Jason does everything, all the time. The fighting, the finding, the healing, the clean up. What was the point of me? I know the world needs a warrior but what was the point of choosing a kid. Jason's handled almost everything. Why not just let an angel be the warrior? Its HEAVENS warrior, why wasn't an angel chosen. I remember having a conversation similar to this with Jason before but for some reason I can't acknowledge it. 

"She knows I'm right!" A dramatic, screech of a laugh filled my ears. "That's why she's hesitating!" She laughed until I pointed my sword down to her face. The twisted happiness contorted to a serious murderous face.

"You will be the death of everyone. Heaven really fucked up this time. You, Serenity Rossse, are nothing but a failure, a fraud. Because of you everything... Every single inch of life will burn as hell ascends on to the ground and heaven. Angels, bloodied and lifeless as they are strapped to their own precious cross hung as our trophies. Animals beaten to submission all while being eaten alive. These disgrace of humans that you protect? They'll be the first species to be extinct, killing every single soul. Even the precious babies, chopped, beaten, bloodied. All because of you. Serenity Rose. You. Serenity rose! Its your fault!" Yelling so loud, it carved into my head.