Chapter Twenty-Nine: Forget

P E R C Y U S

I burst through the doors of the pack house, screaming for Landon, invading his mind with my cries for help at the same time. I could hear Calla's breaths quicken as the pressure on her head of her skull slowly breaking was starting to kill her. The rest of her body was draped over my arms, her feet dangling at off angles, her arm swinging back at forth as if it had to bones in it at all. I felt so guilty for not seeing Lorenzo poison her. Did he put it in the food? Her drink? I pounded my brain for not stopping him before it happened.

I kicked down the door to the medical room right as Landon reaches to open the door. His eyes went wide as the wind from the door smacked him in the face, his nose millimeters from having been smacked off. I was screaming get the antidote over and over again, seeing him snap to reality and fumbled through the various vials of substances. He heard the loud snap of her hack as it broke in the middle and winced, his hand clenched around the bottle. He spun and searched for a needle. It was the fastest I'd seen him move, he never had the motivation to fix someone in a timely manner.

He drew the serum into the needle and carefully flicked it with his finger. I knew he couldn't rush this part of it. Calla suddenly jerked her body, convulsing on the table. Her entire body started shaking uncontrollably, her eyes still squeezed shut in unconsciousness. I could feel the bike crawl up my throat, "W-wait- what's happening?!" I cry, my hands hovering over her body, not knowing what to do other than look.

"She's going into shock," Landon exclaimed. He, as gently as he could, pushed down on her arm to stop it from moving.

Calla was relentless and still wildly thrashed, not allowing him a clear shot into the vein. I knew I had to hold her down, but I couldn't risk hurting her more. If I held her down, I'd just break her bones further. I whipped that thought behind my shoulder for Calla's sake and leaned over her convulsing body. "Moon Goddess, help me." I prayed quickly, before grabbing her upper arm in one hand and her wrist in the other. Both gave under my touch, crunching and snapping, but I ceased the movement, letting him carefully slide the needle in and tape it into place.

I immediately let her go, feeling guilty for hurting her. I don't know how I couldn't ever hurt her the first time we met. I had been so filled with rage from my father being removed from the pack by the council that I had pushed her away. When I smelled her obedience and realized she was an omega, rather lower than an omega, I'd wanted to reject her. That thought still haunts me every day and I regret ever thinking such a thing. That's why having to hurt her again, even for a good cause was so heartbreaking.

Her shaking started to die down as he hooked her up to an IV and started cooling her body down. Landon releases a sigh of relief, "I'm so glad she's alive. If she died on my watch you'd kill me." He braced his hands on his knees and took a few jokingly deep breaths.

I shot him a glare, making him straighten up and give me a haughtily amused stare. Nonetheless, he checked a few things with Calla, picking up her arms and legs to inspect them. I had to look away to not get possessive. He set her foot down gently, "You can look now I'm done." I turned back, a little embarrassed. I scratched the back of my neck as he continued. "She is beginning the first stage of healing which is good. Her ligaments are mending and bone fibers are starting to heal."

I nodded warily.

We just brought Lorenzo down to the cells. He's pretty fucked up. I don't know what came over him. He doesn't remember a thing. You better get down here.

I sighed as Riley ended the link, rubbing my face with my hands. I dug the palms of my hands into my closed eyes to massage the crying induced headache away. At this particular moment, I had no desire to talk to the man posing as my best friend, who just so happened to drug and almost kill my mate over jealousy. I should've seen it sooner. I should've seen him slip it into her system, how could I be so blind? I rubbed my eyes until stars exploded across the blackness, making me feel instantly better.