Overworked

Song for the chapter: Sigrid- Everybody Knows

Feb. 20th

"Are you going to ace the test that you just pulled me away from?" I frowned at Jason, looking around for this stupid demon. "I actually studied for this one." 

"I'll find a way for you to take it." He smiled, patting my head sweetly. I was so tired and frustrated that I pulled away from his inhuman sweetness.

"This is taking too long." My eyes watered. Maybe I'm being over dramatic or sensitive but for some reason I suddenly felt like crying. I was really trying at school with work and studies and right when I can prove my hard work, I'm pulled away and everything gets fucked again. "I'll do it this way." 

I kneeled on the cold floor of this abandoned amusement park. With two hands on the floor, I tried finding this dark entity, this was the easy part. The hard part is holding the demon in place and throwing all my energy into killing it. I found it, he's a relatively small demon and with him so close, it didn't take time finding it. The second, I tried sending energy through the ground my head swayed. 

"mph." I grunted followed by an animalistic screech. "I got him but I don't think I can finish it this way." Jason disappeared from in front of me. There was a sudden noise from somewhere behind me, a noise that I guess is Jason beating the demons ass. So I let go of the hold I had on it, swaying as I panted on the ground. Using my sword as a cane, I stood, ready to go back to school. In my dizzy state, I saw Jason bringing over a demon that almost looked like the goblin from Lord of the Rings... or maybe that's just me imagining things. At this point, I don't even know anymore.

I slashed my sword through the demon, falling on my butt directly after the impact.

"You're getting better at that, Kitten. Good job." He went to pick me up but was stopped by the sound of a large bear roaring at us.

"Aww, a teddy bear." I smiled, wanting to pet him. I shook my head, trying to focus on a least one of the three bears I saw in my dizzy vision. Yet, every time I blinked, the three bears only got clearer... just as their expressions.

"Why are they...?" Jason mumbled, lifting me in his arms. The three bears suddenly began to charge at us, growling loudly enough that I felt the vibrations on my skin. 

"Oh..." My head involuntarily dropped back as Jason teleported me to the roof of one of these old buildings. 

"Wait here."  I slumped over the ledge seeing Jason go back to the raging bears below me.

Animals have never attacked us during a cleansing. I don't understand... Oh, the demon must've influenced them somehow... I'll have to fix that. I sighed standing up, looking for a way down. 

Using the small, absolutely unstable and risky ladder on the side of the building, I climbed down, slowly making my way to where the loud roars came from. I saw him behind a building that was completely destroyed, I had to get around some broken down debris. I sighed, slowly making my way. 

"Stop. Why are you acting like this?" Jason tried calming the bears down but they continued to attack him. He managed to calm one bear down as the other two simply roared at Jason while keeping some distance. The bear Jason was trying to comfort was softly growling but not pushing away from his hold. It lasted for a hot minute before the bear completely tore away from him, snapping his jaw at Jason. 

"I'll fix him. The demon must've done something to them." I said as I finally managed to make my way over to him after stumbling through all the broken machines and glass that was in my way.