Read The Signs

Song for the chapter: Indila- Tourner Dans Le Vide

"Jason, can't you fix this?" I frowned.

"No, unfortunately, I can't do a single thing about this." Jason sighed, watching all the trash border the shore of the ocean. "I can't do a damn thing about it."

"Not even just this once?" I asked, looking toward the trash that was being pulled back by the waves.

"Not even one time." He shook his head.

I grimaced, stepping toward the water so I could fight this demon that just so happened to be in the water. It was freezing here, not exactly sure where we are but the water is freezing. I kicked the trash out of the water, disgusted. I sighed, placing my hand on the water to look for it. 

"Serenity, get out of the water!" Jason yelled, eyes wide, running toward me

"Serenity, get out of the water!" Jason yelled, eyes wide, running toward me. I stumbled back enough for Jason to haul me out of the water like a toddler. Just in time as well as I saw jellyfish and a few other animals I didn't know of right where I had been standing.

Jason put me down on top of the trash because there wasn't any space to stand on top of the sand.

I tilted my head, this was definitely different from the last time I was in the water. Why did they try to hurt me? Like the time with the bears?

"Jason, whats going on?" He took a deep breath, pointing to the trash.

"Take a guess." He shrugged. I tilted my head, confused. "Since we can't get in, you have to do it the other way."

"Why can't you just bring the demon to me?" I sighed, exasperated.

"The animals will attack me too. I don't want to hurt them if they get in the way." They'd attack him too? What? Why?

"Can you please tell-" 

"Get started before it starts hurting animals."

I kicked the trash away to find the ground. 

Whoa.

I felt an immense amount of anger, demons don't have emotions. What is going on?! It can't be animals, no, this is actual rage, almost hatred.

"Serenity!"

Jason yelled, I jumped looking around to see what happened.

"What?" I panicked.

"Listen carefully." He squatted down next to me. "Do not empathize, you will be overtaken by billions of lives, it will kill you instantly. This is not like the first forest fire, this is not like the time on the island. There is an enormous amount of life in this water with ill intent at the moment, the second you lose an ounce of control it will drown your mind and kill you."

I gulped, looking at his eyes. He was seriously worried. I could understand why as he explained it. This would be like the first time except hundred times worse. I shivered thinking back to how my mind was compromised that day. I didn't know who I was, I didn't know anything other that what the animals showed me. The ocean is an entirely different world...