Chapter Twenty

Flenching as the buzzing needle made contact with his skin, I gripped his hand tightly, wincing as if his pain was my own. I couldn't help but to glare at the man directing the gun.

Robby chuckled, gaining my attention.

"It's okay, it'll be over soon." I assured him, returning to glare at the tattooist hurting my Mate.

"Tory, do you see how many tattoos I have? I think I'm use to getting them by now. It doesn't even hurt."

I pouted, still not trusting the male with the tattoo gun. Robby was just too prideful to admit that it hurt. It's okay though, I'm holding onto his hand.

We were suppose to be making arrangements for our ceremony with our moms, but Robby wanted to come get a tattoo and I found it hard being away from him. Even if he was annoying most of the time.

"Are you getting one next?" The tattooist asked.

I sputtered, missing the teasing smirk on his face. "Of course not!" I wasn't going to admit that I was scared of the pain... and my mom. "I'm here for emotional support."

The two males laughed.

Ignoring them, I wondered how long this will take. I have a dream ceremony to plan in a very short amount of time. It has to be perfect, I can't accept anything less.

Getting up from beside Robby, I paced around the small room and looked over the pictures of tattoos on the wall.

Over the week, Robby and I have spent every moment we could together . Getting to know each other as more than my brother's annoying best friend, and his best friends little brother. There was a lot to learn, especially when we haven't really been around each other in five years. Robby remembers me as a tiny thirteen year old, and I remember him as the pack bad boy always getting up to no good.

It was around that time he found out I was gay. He was the first to, even though it wasn't much of a surprise to anyone. At the time my bedroom was right beside Calvin's and Robby had been over like he usually was. I spent most of my time alone and had thought my brother and Robby had gone downstairs. To say the least, it was embarrassing to have my brother's best friend walk in on me kissing a picture in my yearbook. That was also how he figured out I had a crush on Jesper. I couldn't have made it anymore obvious with the big red heart I'd drawn around his picture. He kept my secret though, even if he teased me about it.

It wasn't long after that when I accidentally came out in front of my parents, telling mom I would never get a boyfriend with my new haircut. They didn't even say anything, like they already knew.

I sat back down beside Robby, grabbing his hand again. Whatever he was getting wasn't big. There wasn't much blank space anywhere on his arms.

"Alright." The tattooist said, wiping ink off Robby's arm with a paper towel.

Leaning over curiously, I observed the tattoo in shock.

"Really, Robert?" I huffed. "We wasted precious time so you could get Pooh bear tattooed on you?!" Glaring at the male, his smirk only further annoyed me.

"What? It's what I wanted."

I smacked the back of his head, standing up and walking out of the building. I forgot to get the keys from him, so I had to stand beside the car and pout.

It wasn't long before he came out, still smirking and plastic wrapped around his wrist. As if taunting me, he spun the car keys around his finger and took his time walking to the car. My eye twitched from the contained anger.

"Wipe that frown off your cute face." Robby said, finally getting to the car.

My face warmed from being called cute, momentarily forgetting why I was upset.

He unlocked the doors and I got into the car. I guess I was a little mean. He can get what he wants, even if his choices are stupid and immature. Leaning over, I kissed his cheek quickly before buckling up.

Robby chuckled and started up the car.

On the ride to the pack house, I was basically bouncing with excitement. I have so many ideas for my ceremony. I've been day dreaming about it since I was ten! It's going to be huge, just like I always wanted. Everyone in the pack will be expected to be there because Robby will be their Alpha.

When we pulled up, I didn't even wait for Robby to turn the car off. I grabbed my backpack from the backseat and ran inside. Following mom's scent, I found her in a sitting room with the Luna. I squealed excitedly and sat down on the couch across from them.

Mom looked at me weirdly.

We waited for Robby before I pulled out the thick scrapbook from my backpack.

"Oh my." Luna said.

I smiled, handing it over to her. I've been adding things to it for years. It's my dream ceremony.

"What the hell?" Robby said from beside me. "You're insane if you think that's all going to be put together in a week."

"But..."

"Robby, your suit will be a soft pink." Luna said, flipping through my book.

"Bullshit." He scoffed.

"Language." Luna warned, glancing at him shortly.

"This is my mating ceremony, I only get one!" I argued.

"We were thinking something small that could be arranged quickly." Luna said.

"Yeah, I say we just go to the Court." Robby stated.

"My pup's not having a ceremony without a high priestess." Mom spoke up, eyeing the male. She was still upset with him for feeling me up in front of half the pack. He wasn't making it any better.

"That's understandable." Luna said to mom. "We just don't have the time for anything big. Robby's inauguration will be the week after."

"But this is my mating ceremony." I said lowly. I didn't want to have to rush through my own ceremony!

"It can still be lovely. A small affair in the back yard." Luna said, sitting my book on the coffee table. She wasn't even going to continue looking through it? "We can go shopping tomorrow for a few things."

"We can still do the court thing, with a high priestess." Robby said, the last bit directed to my mom.

"I though everyone had to come to the future Alpha's ceremony." Crossing my arms, my eyes narrowed slightly.

"There's no point calling everyone here if they're going to have to come all over again the next week."

I didn't say anything and instead sat back against the couch.

The Luna and mom talked some, making plans for my ceremony. When they left, I grabbed my book overflowing with ideas and things I wanted.

"It's just a Mating ceremony." Robby said, as if it was some insignificant thing.

"Yeah, well, you're inauguration is nothing important either." I snapped.

"My dad will be passing on the Alpha title to me. That's way more important than a fucking ceremony where we say a few words before running off to fuck."

I jumped up, throwing my book at him and storming out of the room.

"Torin, get your little ass back here."

"Screw you, Robert Killian!"