Learning To Love Him 15

*****

*Corey*

"I miss you so much, Baby." She said.

"Yeah? Well, I'll see you when we get back." I smiled trying to ignore the argument currently happening in my head. This call with Samantha had lasted about five minutes so far, it was dragging out and everyone could hear it because we were all in the kitchen. I liked her, but I wasn't in the mood to talk to her at the moment.

"I love you." Wait, I only met her a few months ago. Oh, what did it matter? Soon she would be my chosen mate.

"You too, Hon," I said before hanging up.

"'You too, Hon'" Sean gave me a disgusted look, "You shame us all! You are indeed no longer worthy of Playerhood." Sean said.

Playerhood? What the hell was that?

"Playerhood?" Hayley frowned.

"So you're a player now?" I smirked as Sean's smile dropped when Izabella spoke.

"No, no, I love you," Sean said quickly, his eyes wide.

"So desperate." Trent shook his head, "Thou art a shame to Playerhood as well." He pointed at Sean making us laugh.

"Where's Jay?" Hayley asked.

"Probably sleeping," Kaden said.

"Or trying to pull on his skinny jeans." I frowned at my breakfast pushing away the memory that so desperately wanted to force itself into my mind every time I even caught a whiff of his scent or heard his name.

"Nah, I doubt he has any trouble getting into those." Trent chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

It was probably true though because Jayden was skinny, tiny, cute but still handsome.

I groaned. What the fuck?! Every thought that came to my mind about him now always ended in shit.

"Are you okay?" Hayley asked me. Oh, I had groaned out loud.

"Yeah, I... clearing my throat." I cleared my throat to add to it. She responded with narrowed eyes before she shrugged and returned to her breakfast as if to her this was normal behaviour coming from me.

"How are you still with Samantha?" Kaden asked me.

"It's an open relationship." I shrugged taking a bite of my toast. It wasn't officially open but I assumed she would know, we had never decided it wasn't. Perhaps after we mated I would stop making out with other women.

"Very open indeed." Trent nodded. I chuckled.

"Jay! Morning!" That's my cue.

"Anyone want anything from the store?" I asked getting up.

"Yeah, food," Trent replied.

"We have food," Hayley said. Sean snorted and she glared at him.

"I'll come with you." Izabella said, "Jay, you wanna come?" She asked.

"I'm pretty sure he's fine staying here," I answered for Jayden.

It was my attempt at telling them to shut up about him and telling him to forget about whatever the fuck had happened the previous day within my moment of complete madness.

"Uh... Yeah, I'm good." Jayden said.

I walked by him, still not having looked at him once since he had walked in and could practically almost feel Izabella's annoyance as she followed behind me.

I swung the front door open but paused as my eyes fell on him.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked.

He let his hand fall to his side having probably lifted it to knock before I had opened the door and looked up at me weirdly. He had very bright, almost white eyes which his black hair seemed to emphasise very well. Was that striking feature what caught Jayden's attention? I wanted to punch him...

"Uh... I'm... Uh... Here for Jayden..." He said slowly as he cautiously studied my movements as if he thought I was about to attack him. He clearly had good intuition.

"Jayden died." I spat.

"Corey!" Izabella shoved me aside. "Sorry, he's not usually like this." She mumbled glaring at me.

I frowned glancing away from her.

"Oh, it's alright. I get it. You're his ex?" I wanted so badly to punch the smirk off of his damn face when he asked me that but knew it would probably result in his death because of my strength so I held back.

"No, I don't do men. But I'm guessing you do, huh, faggot?" I said. He looked taken aback.

"Corey!" Hayley exclaimed, outraged. Going against my better judgement, I ignored her.

"Your lover's in the kitchen. Wear protection, wouldn't want either of you getting pregnant." I said shoving by the guy that was currently too shocked to speak. I felt Jayden's anger and sadness fill my chest but I ignored it.

"Uh... I'll come with," Trent followed Izabella, Hayley and me out.

I glanced back but regretted it seeing Jayden's face as he shut the door. He was staring directly at me, the boy having already entered the house. By the look in his eyes, I knew he was thinking about the kiss.

'It was a mistake. One fucked up mistake.' I linked him to put his mind at ease as we left and yet, as I did, I found my brain finally letting itself re-play the moment in my head. A part of me wanted so badly to shoot myself with platinum for it because platinum was the only thing that could kill werewolves, so badly. The other part wanted to do it again...

I shut my eyes and sighed as I walked beside Trent while running my hands through my hair.

"You didn't have to be so rude." Trent said, "Now they're angry at you... again." He motioned to the two girls that were just a few feet from us, they were talking about me.

I shook my head. He didn't understand. No one understood. I wasn't gay, I did not want to like him no matter what I already felt. Why was this happening to me?

-----

*Jayden*

"You should probably get that," Sean said.

"Get what?" Finn asked. Sean and Kaden kept forgetting that Finn was human and couldn't hear all the way through the house to notice my phone vibrate on my bed upstairs.

"I'll be right back," I said getting up from the couch and running to my room, which I shared with Kaden. I grabbed my phone from under my pillow and answered without glancing at the screen.

"Hello?"

"Jay Jay."

My breath caught in my throat as my body froze, my blood running cold. I tried to shake it off, convince myself I didn't know who was calling. I couldn't have been sure, right? Maybe I had heard the voice wrong. The nickname too.

"Who-who is this?" I barely whispered.

"You know exactly who it is, Jayden. I'm not angry anymore... I'll come see you... Soon... Both of you. I promise I will, very soon and then we'll catch up... Like old times." The voice said with a chuckle before the call ended but his voice stuck in my mind.

I couldn't move, my blood now like ice cutting through my veins, I couldn't even breathe. That couldn't be him. I had to be dreaming.

*****