fifty five

couldn't resist posting lol i'm drunk on a ship to amsterdam enjoy

-

September 5th, 2017

Camila sits bolt upright and immediately checks the date on her phone, before she falls back onto the bed with a groan. She buries her head into her pillows and lets out a small scream of frustration, before looking at her texts and reading the one from Lauren.

mi amor ✨😏💜 (6:55AM): Rise and shine! Hope you have a good first day back. Funny how it's on the FIFTH, huh?

It's conspicuous, because Camila had told her about her theory that maybe everything will fix itself on the one year mark, and Lauren had promised to send something referencing Fifth Harmony, hence the comment about the fifth, to assure Camila that she's still herself.

Camz 🍑 (7:15AM): i'm still me

mi amor ✨😏💜 (7:16AM): Okay. Same here, if it wasn't obvious. Any other ideas?

Camz 🍑 (7:16AM): can I call you?

In response, Lauren calls her, and Camila picks up the phone, voice raspy with sleep. "You know you didn't need to get up this early, right?"

"I know, but I have an introductory lecture at nine, so I figured I might as well," Lauren answers, "are you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess," Camila pushes the covers off herself, puts her phone on speaker and places it on her dresser as she rifles through her drawers for something to wear. "And to answer your question about any other ideas, I'm starting to think that you were right. That there are some things I need to think about."

"Not to be that person, but I told you so," Lauren replies, and Camila can imagine the teasing smile. "Honestly, just weigh the pros and cons and you'll want to be right back where you were."

"Speaking of that," Camila says, grabbing her crescent moon necklace and putting it on, wishing Lauren was the one putting it on her. "What have you decided? You've been in a college environment for a week, and when I ran into your dad at the store, he said you seemed happy when he left."

"I don't know," Lauren shrugs, sounding lighthearted and uncaring. "I mean, sure it's a nice thought, just being normal, but then I was thinking about how little time I'd get to spend with you, because a lot of classes monitor attendance, and there's going to be a fuck ton of work. I think I'll probably stick with what I know, but who knows what the future might bring."

Camila breathes a sigh of relief as she tugs her jeans on. That sounds a lot like I'm staying in Fifth Harmony. "Do you think it would be too soon if I opened for you guys?"

Lauren laughs. "Oh, definitely. I'll have to speak to my manager about that, Cabello."

"Oh, you love me," Camila teases her, pulling a t-shirt over her head. She sprays her deodorant and grabs her phone, bringing it into the bathroom with her as she puts toothpaste onto her toothbrush. "Written any more songs about how you're not the label's little puppet?"

"Not as of yet, but I was thinking, in an act of rebellion or whatever, I could maybe record it myself and post it," Lauren says, "play it off like a Christmas gift for the fans. In addition to that, we're also going to be telling everyone, right? I know how much the secrecy hurt you."

"I mean... I'm a little scared of the label and if we accidentally violate contract they won't be afraid to sue," Camila argues, mumbling around her toothbrush. She spits, and adds, "But as long as we both read it through like five hundred times and do it in a way that wouldn't... you know, class as breaking contract, then yes. I want to tell people. As long as you're comfortable."