• 4 •

If you had my love
And I gave you all my trust
Would you comfort me?
And if somehow you knew
That your love would be untrue
Would you lie to me?
If you had my love
And I gave you all my trust
Would you comfort me?
And if somehow you knew
That your love would be untrue
Would you lie to me?

Renée Pov

I've started the think back stage. It's the stage where you think back in your relationship and you question every last detail about it. You try to decipher what went wrong and how it could've been fixed, you think about a lot of questions even though all the answers are there.

I started to question if this was the first time he's did this. The days he said he was with his boys or out with his family, was he? I questioned if he loved me or when did he stop. I wonder if he stopped and if he would tell me.

I mean do you really love someone if you cheat on them, no matter if there was any emotional attachment to it or not.

What made him stop loving me? Was it the fact that I wasn't the prettiest girl in his eyes anymore. Did he see something that he once saw in me in her? Was I really just a challenge for him? Was this whole thing a game?

My mind spun with an abundance of questions.

I don't think he loved me, I mean I think he did in the beginning but it faded. I started to think about the little details that supported my conclusion.

We would fight more frequently and hang out less. We drifted but more on his part because I know I loved him. I know that a part of me still has love for him because he provided a lot of good in my life that I can't take away from him. He just broke my heart and my trust and I can't let that slide. I can't go back to him without questioning every little thing he does. I can't go back where I'm not loved, I can't provide love for the both of us.

I want answers. I want answers because he at least owes me that. I want to know what was going through his head that he couldn't tell me.

There was a moment when it was just me and him. There was a moment where I wasn't just his girlfriend, I was his best friend. I was the girl he would call at 2 in the morning to vent to when he was having problems at home. I was the girl that encouraged him when nobody would.

Sometimes you just question where things went left when you thought everything was right.