Chapter 29

xoCrashFire

*~*~*~*~*

This fucking sucks. It's been two days since the dinner, so it's Sunday, and mom has only let me leave the house once, and that was when I asked to go shopping with her because I was tired of just staring at my bedroom walls.

Gerard and I have only texted a little bit. He said he's trying to keep the texting to a low just incase my mom gets suspicious about who I'm texting so much. I have to admit, it was a pretty smart plan, but I like talking to him, so it only makes me crave talking to him more.

"Frank, dinner!" Mom shouts.

"Not hungry!" I shout back, rolling over to lay face down on my bed.  The dog, which I have yet to name, jumps up onto my bed and starts to walk around on my back.

Footsteps are coming closer to my room and then my bedroom door opens. I turn my head to look at her. She has a hand on her hip and an irritated look on her face. "You said that earlier for lunch and all yesterday too. Frank, are you going anorexic?" She looks genuinely concerned about that, which I have to admit is nice. She may not approve of Gerard, but she cares and I appreciate that.

"No, Mom. I promise, I don't have an eating disorder, I'm just not all that hungry," I say, looking her straight in the eye. Part of it was a lie, I'm fucking starving, I'm just still a little pissed off about Friday and want to keep my distance so I can calm down.

"Okay," she says, walking over to my bed. She places a hand on my cheek and smiles softly, "Just please eat before you to bed."

"I will," I say, smiling back.

She runs her hand over my hair and pulls it away, walking back a little. "I know you're upset with me about what happened Friday.. I'm sorry I did that, It just didn't feel right letting my son hang around someone who could and almost did kill you so easily." She smiles sadly at me.

"I understand, mom. I'm not that upset anymore, I guess it helped now that you gave me a real reason other than 'he could bring you down'. I'm not mad." I am telling the truth, I understand that she's just trying to help me, and I'm not going to hate her for that. She has every right to be worried for my well being after that night.

She walks out of my room, Her pony-tailed hair swinging back and forth. She forgets to close my door, which bothers me, but I'm too exhausted to get up and close it myself.

I never realized how much you need food to be able to do everyday things. Ever since this morning I've been so tired, so physically exhausted, and I didn't have to do anything to feel that way. It's kind of scary.

I slowly reach my arm over to my night stand and pick up my phone, pressing the lock button to make the screen shine brightly, revealing the time and a notification from Instagram. '@bitch.imightbe liked your photo' (a/n: I made that up, I'm kind of wondering if that's an actual account now xD) I clicked on it and watch as my phone opens into the Instagram app and goes straight to the picture of Kurt Cobain and Dave Grohl I posted last night before I went to bed.

I scroll down and see a few comments that I was too lazy to read. One person commented "grunge for life" and another said "Omf Kurt is a qt!!" with a bunch of random heart emojis.

I exit out of the app and go to my messaging app, opening my conversation with Gerard. I let my thumbs hover over the keypad and think of what to type.

Hey Gee ^-^ is what I end up sending, thinking about when Mikey called him Gee on Friday.

Hey Frank, what's up? is what I get a few seconds later.