Chapter 3

Jungkook slowly walked down the stairs, oh how he dreaded this moment. Never in a million years did he think that he would ever sit across Namjoon's partner in this setting. However Namjoon had warned him last time that if something happened again he would make the younger one talk to his partner. Jungkook knew what Jin did and to say he was happy about it wasn't right at all, at least not now. Normally he wouldn't have any problems with Jin's profession but today he wasn't happy about it at all.

With a deep sigh Jungkook reached the bottom of the stairs and made his way towards the living room. The sooner he would get there the sooner this would be over. The young ravenette turned the corner of the hallway and opened the door to the living room, immediately coming face to face with both Namjoon and Jin.

Welcome to his intervention........

Namjoon and Jin both sat on the couch, leaving only the great sitting chair across from them open for Jungkook.

"Take a seat, I've put a cup of tea for you on the table." Jin said calmly, a soft smile visible on his face. Namjoon on the other hand looked a lot more serious. There was no smile on his face and his eyes held no emotion. A look Jungkook had seen once before and he could still remember it till this day. The day he had Namjoon disappointed so much that Namjoon didn't even get angry at him, he was silent.....just like he was now. That day Jungkook had lashed out at Namjoon big time 'cause the older had called him out on his behaviour, going as far as calling Namjoon a terrible friend. A sentence Jungkook still regretted till this day, Namjoon was anything except from that.

With a soft sigh Jungkook walked into the room and took a seat on the chair across from the two boys. He softly grabbed his cup of tea without looking any of them in the eyes, maybe he could hold this off a little longer that way.

The opposite was true though 'cause the moment he took the first sip of his cup Namjoon cleared his throat. "Kook, you know what I said last time.....this can't go on any longer. You're ruining your life."

Jungkook quickly looked up from his cup before placing it back on the table. The younger's eyes slowly turned angry again and he bawled his fists. "There is no use in all of this. It won't help and besides you don't even know what happened this time."

Namjoon softly shook his head before he took a sip of his own tea. "I don't but judging by the looks of you when you arrived here it wasn't anything good. Got in a fight with your dad again I assume?" A small silence filled the room, giving Namjoon the confirmation that he had guessed exactly right why Jungkook was at his place. "Listen....just give Jin a chance....he's pretty good-"

"NO! I don't want this, okay? This won't help me and besides there's nothing wrong with me." Jungkook suddenly spoke a little too loud. This wasn't what he wanted, he could deal with this himself, he didn't need help. He wasn't weak!

Namjoon took another sip from his tea before he put his cup down on the table. He slowly looked up, locking eyes with Jungkook instantly. While there was no emotion in the elder's eyes a few minutes ago now they were full of it. Worry being the one that was the best visible. "Kook we both know you can't help yourself. Nobody says that there's anything wrong with you but I do think that you need some help to get you out of this. Ever since your mother-"

Jungkook stood up from his chair, pacing around the room with an angry look on his face. "My mother has nothing to do with this!"

Namjoon followed Jungkook's steps with his eyes, knowing Jungkook like the back of his hand he knew the younger would eventually calm down. He might just need a little help to do exactly that. Without hesitating Namjoon reached for Jungkook's wrist the moment the younger came close enough. The action did stop Jungkook's pacing, but it didn't calm him down. Jungkook kept standing with his back towards Namjoon, his breathing heavy and his hands still balled into fists.

"Kook, please listen to me. It has everything to do with her. Ever since her passing you've been lost......really lost." A soft sigh left Namjoon's mouth before he continued. "You're losing everything, you've become a small criminal within these four years. You steal Kookie, you break things on purpose, get into fights all the time, are friends with people who make you do these things and are in the position that they want to kick you out of university....something you worked so hard for. This isn't who you are Kook, this isn't what she had wanted for you....."

Namjoon saw how Jungkook's posture slowly relaxed a bit, the tension getting out of his shoulders and the elder softly tugged at the younger's wrist. "It's okay, you know. You don't have to be strong all the time. It's okay to not know where you need to go with your emotions. What isn't okay though is projecting them on other people. People who are trying to help you."

Silence fell over the room, both boys on the couch patiently waiting for Jungkook to make a decision about his future. Thirty seconds passed without anyone making a move before Jungkook put his free arm up to his face and moved it over his cheek. A small smile fell over Namjoon's face upon seeing some emotion come out of Jungkook. It was clear the younger had wiped a tear away even though he didn't want Namjoon or Jin to see it. 

Namjoon gave the young boy a soft tug on his arm, trying to get him to sit down again. "Just let Jin explain what he does and then you can make a decision. We won't force you to do anything just give it a chance."

It took the ravenette a few seconds before he finally made the decision to sit down again and give Jin a chance. Letting him speak was the least he could do right now. He didn't agree with everything Namjoon said at all but the elder had given him a safe space, so this was the least he could do for him if it meant that much.

A soft smile made its way on both the elder's faces before Jin started to speak.

"I'm sure Joonie told you some things about my job but let me tell you everything so you can make a good decision." Jin put his cup of tea down before he continued with his story. "I'm a psychiatrist at Soonjin, the mental health hospital at the west side of the city. I'm sure Namjoon has told you that I'm also the CEO and owner of that same hospital. I still work there even though I own the place." 

Jungkook saw how Namjoon softly grabbed Jin's hand, reassuring him that what he was doing was good. The younger on the other hand didn't like where this conversation was going at all. Guessing by the way Jin was telling his story Jungkook could already assume what it was the eldest of them all was going to suggest him......no way he was going to stay at that hospital.

Jin softly cleared his throat, seeing that he had lost Jungkook's attention. "I myself work at the young adult ward. In other words people from 21 to 30 with all sorts of conditions.....Now before you jump to any conclusions, I won't ask you to stay there full time or immediately get into private sessions with me, but I can propose you something else that might be a little less heavy since I own the building and decide the treatments." Jungkook slowly lifted an eyebrow, getting curious where this was going.

"How about you will only join the group sessions for the next few weeks........"

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
What's your most used app on your phone?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.