- felons and intruders -

and here i give you a short chapter so the next one can really mess you up 

COMMENT AND VOTE, PLEASE!

"I THINK THAT WE SHOULD CANCEL THE WEDDING, and then me, you and El hop on the next plane to Thailand and have some fun," Bucky suggested, earning a brutal stare from Steve across the booth, and a small laugh from Elenora next to Steve

"I THINK THAT WE SHOULD CANCEL THE WEDDING, and then me, you and El hop on the next plane to Thailand and have some fun," Bucky suggested, earning a brutal stare from Steve across the booth, and a small laugh from Elenora next to Steve. "I bet Ellie's down for it, aren't ya?"

Biting back a smile, Elenora admitted with a shrug, "I think Thailand would be gorgeous."

Narrowing his eyes at his daughter next to him, Steve threatened, "You agree with him anymore, I'm taking away your soda."

Elenora feigned a gasp and her hands clasped around the cold red cup. "Freedom of Speech, Dad!"

Bucky chided Steve as though he was a child, "You should know all about that, Captain."

Not wanting to give them the statsifaction, Steve hid his smile as he took a sip of cherry coke.

In hindsight, it seemed like a good idea to take Elenora and Bucky out to lunch for wedding planning - Bucky was always complaining that he was bored at home - and thought it was going smoothly while they all waited for their meals, Bucky quickly lost interest in anything not pertaining to a nap when they had cleared their plates. Elenora, for the fun of it, played along with him.

Sensing that Steve was a little frustrated, Elenora swallowed her sip of raspberry cream soda and pointed to the picture of the big church in the center of Manhattan. "How about this one?" she suggested, the flimsy print crinkling under her finger. Her dads had been fighting about a location for the ceremony for a while now, and it felt like they were getting nowhere.

Steve glanced up at Bucky, who shrugged, "I'm not thinking a church is the best way to go."

Steve countered, "I dunno where else we'd go."

"Why not a church?" Elenora asked, and Bucky sighed, but before he could speak, Elenora was adding, "There are plenty of churches that would do your service, dad."

"You said you wanted traditional," Steve added, adjusting his arms to rest on the table as Bucky looked back at him. "Church is traditional."

"I haven't been there in ages," Bucky excused, running his hand through his hair. Elenora hadn't seen him do that in a while- she thought he'd lost that tell. But as he sat in front of her, clearly nervous, Elenora could tell that was not the case. Elenora's eyes were trained on her dad, and she hadn't even noticed; Bucky looked up and met her eyes, and Elenora quickly looked away. "We have something else to talk about first, anyway."

Steve shifted. "What's up?"

Then Bucky said two words: "The papers."

Knowingly, Steve repeated, "The papers."