Friend Or Foe

Nia sighed inside her suit, her arms secured around her as she had Atlas inside her suit

Nia sighed inside her suit, her arms secured around her as she had Atlas inside her suit. It was the best option for them as he was still too small for anything else.

They all sat in the pod waiting for Raven to steer them toward the new ship. His watched out the window as the safe haven they had known for 6 years drifted further from them.

None of them knew what to expect with they sailed toward the other ship. But if whoever was on board saw them approaching they might shot them out of the sky. The thought was something Nia chose to ignore as she tightened her grip around her son.

"Boys and girls, meet Eligius IV." Raven announced the name that was plastered on the side.

"'Powering a better tomorrow'." Emori added the slogan.

"Must be a mining ship." Raven informed.

"Mining in space?" Nia said finding the notion rather odd.

"I've heard stories. Missions sent to mine asteroids or search for habitable plants, but that was a hundred years ago." Monty explained but had no further details.

Raven continued to remark the ships appearance to the others. Emori called out their entrance making Monty comment again about the possibility of them being inside making Echo reply with what they had before.

Finally, it was time for them to begin their dock. But instead of Raven doing it herself, she allowed Emori to take over fully believing she was ready for it. The two began to communicate with one another before the ship began to shift uncomfortably for the the passengers.

Something went wrong making Raven take over but she wasn't able to slow the rocket down before it entered the bay. Murphy stated sarcastically before Bellamy pulled his helmet off and already going for the hatch.

Inside the cargo hold a loud alarm was blaring. The sound put Nia on edge as she thought of them facing the worst.

"Come on. We gotta move fast." Bellamy called out to the others.

Echo pulled out her sword and was on defense. In Nia's arms, Atlas had woken up from all the turbulence and was still not fully awake. Bellamy looked at Echo unsure of her action.

"We don't know what we're walking into." She responded. It was better to be on guard than to let you guard down only for it to bite you back.

While the others began to talk about the alarm, Emori tried to walk behind the others into the ship. Raven stopped her and recommended a system check.

"Hey, hey." Bellamy stepped up to prevent an argument in breaking out among them. "Nia can stay and help." He added knowing they couldn't necessarily bring Atlas into danger.

"No, Harper can stay with Atlas." Nia spoke against it before handing Atlas over to Harper who simply complied. Bellamy shot a look her way still wanting her to stay behind. "Echo and I are the best damn fighters among all of you. You'll need us both in case something happens." She finalized before unsheathing her own sword.