Chapter 56

_______________________________________

Continued Flashback

Battered and bruised he arrived to a small town a few li away from the Sect. The small town  was under the protection of the Sect and openly accepted the members of the Sect with open arms. Peizhi had spent most of his time in the small town drowning his sorrows is the delicacies of the small town wether it be at brothels or under the influence of expensive wines. Both he and his Master were well respected in the town, but that mattered little to the man.

On one night, he noticed a black tiger stare at him in the night. The tiger's bright blue eyes stared at him with curiousity before turning around and signalling for Peizhi to follow. He looked confused by the sight, but looking at the animal it had a slight tug at his heart. It was the tattoo that he discovered one night not remembering when he had it imprinted on his skin. Beckoned by the tiger he followed the animal into the night. He followed the tiger towards a willow tree on the outskirts of town until he lost sight of the tiger. He looked around the tree and the area near but with no luck found the tiger. He felt then a thud against his head. A slight pain etched into his head. Clutching at his head he turned to look up at the man who threw the object.

-"Hey! Why would you do that? It's very rude to throw things at unsuspecting people."

-"I was getting your attention after all; I need your help."

-" I don't even know you. For all I know you work for an old lecher that wants to do traitorous things to me."

The man let out a chuckle and looked curiously at Peizhi.

-"Forgive me. I'm not use to this species cultures. I am Laohu. Pleasure to meet you."

-"What do you want anyways Laohu?"

-"To find your Master."

Peizhi visibly deflated as Laohu spoke these words. At this time, word of Mingxia Jie's death never left the Sect walls yet so no one was aware. Not even Laohu.

-"My Master just died."

-"Died? But that's not possible."

-"It is. I felt her qi disappear almost instantly. She didn't live. I buried her shortly after her death."

Peizhi heard Laohu mutter about curses and how it would take him longer to find her. Laohu paced around the tree until he stopped. Peizhi looked curiously at Laohu as the man turned and faced Peizhi with a bright smile.

-"My good friend, she isn't dead just yet. Just merely had her soul reincarnated into this time. We just need to find her."

-" My Master is still alive...?"

Laohu shook his head in a yes manner as Peizhi crumbled to the floor and cried tears of joy. He clawed at the earth and kowtowed to Laohu who had given him such great news. While this was happening Laohu looked cunningly at Peizhi. His plans to have his lover back would not be in vain now that he had discovered her once more. The bracelet that he had sent to the main land had been his tracker to find his lover because it had inside a piece of her soul.

Laohu would not lose her once more to the gods and they would be able to rule with a passion and fierceness that their love only had. He looked down at the human Peizhi who worshipped him. Peizhi would become useful in his plans to become successful. That was the reason he searched him out, his lover had chosen him to be her guard for when she came back.

-"Peizhi. To finalize her soul in the new body she needs to be brought to Penlai island and perform a certain ritual that would finalize everything. What do say, will you help me?"

-"But of course."

-"Now Peizhi, use whatever tricks you deem necessary and take this."

He handed to Peizhi a wooden fox that had its snout of the fox looking up at the sky.

-" When you lose her, take a price of her clothing and infuse the fox with your qi. The fox will come to life, give the fox the clothing and let him run off.-"

-"Does it have to be a he. Can't it be a she?"

-"Ok, fine. SHE will take the cloth and run off. She will leave behind a trail of your qi and follow the trail. SHE will not be able to get past arrays or sealing spells so you'll have to figure that out on your own."

Peizhi nodded his head vigourously as he took the fox.

End Flashback
----------------------------------------
P

reviously Mingxia Jie had been stuck in the safe house passing the time before the seal would break. As she was sewing a new garment to add to her collection she felt a shift in the qi around her. She stood and went to where the seal was placed, lightly tracing the seal before smashing her fist into the underside of the tile. The tile exploded as dust and pieces of tile fell atop of her.

Coughing and moving away parts of dust she crawled out of the safe house and laid on her back looking up at the dark sky. She felt that it had only been two days when the seal broke. Making this the morning of the third day. She sat up and assessed the damage that surrounded her. She stood up dusting herself off to make herself look more presentable and walked out of the Velvet Piano in the hopes of locating Bai. Listening in on the conversations she picked up a piece of frightening information.

-"Did you hear, they caught the Governor General's murderer. He's being killed tonight publically."

-"Who was it?"

-"Why none other than Bai the Merc. How could he betray us?"

Mingxia Jie had tuned out to the rest of the conversation as she did not know where Bai was being held. Fear and worry engulfed her as she became unaware of those near her.