(33) premier rendez-vous

Not edited sorry! Also really really sorry for such a late update! I'll be back to fine tune this chapter! Also later on when Blake's talking about the montage, she's referencing the song above in a way!

"Graham," Clark sighed, "Why are you crying?"

"B-b-because!" I sniffled in response.

"C'mon Blake, that's not a real answer." Clark chuckled.

"Stop laughing it's not funny!"

"Then stop crying!"

Now, you may be wondering as to why I'm currently letting salty tears stream down my face. An easier explanation can start with when we got to Zürich.

After a little bit of hard work and swearing, Clark had managed to parallel park in between two cars.

"And people say I'm a terrible driver." Clark said smugly, stepping out of the car to open my door for me.

"But you are?" I scrunched up my eyebrows at him as he led me out of the car, "You were driving in the wrong lane for ten minutes, I mean you are European and you were driving on the right side of the road."

"Psh," Clark waved me off "I lived in America longer than England. I'm still very used to the lanes and cars there."

"That's hazardous my darling" I tutted, as I trailed after Clark who had my hand in his.

"Life isn't fun without a little hazard, mon chou."

"Did you just call me a fucking cabbage?"

"What?" Clark turned to me with a confused look, "I thought it was a term of endearment. Like it meant bonbon or something?"

"A bonbon?" I incredulously repeated, imitating his accent. "I mean you were close, it can mean my cream puff. But I've never actually heard it in the endearment context, just my grandmother asking me if I want soupe aux choux whenever I'd visit in Toulouse."

"I remember you're grandmother, she's pretty cool."

I grinned at him, bumping his shoulder with mine. "Pretty cool? I think she's the best. Way way way better than old lady Graham."

Clark snorted at my reference to my paternal grandmother. "Old lady Graham? You mean your dads mom?"

"Don't you remember her?"

"Of course I do! She told me that since I'm in America I shouldn't be talking with my accent!"

Grandma Graham was a very closed minded and... ignorant person. If she had trouble with Clark who was white and British, you can't believe the shit she says to others.