:::::Chapter 16:::::

"Anne, you must have said the word naked a hundred times by now," I say.

"Now, you're exaggerating," she tells me.

"Okay. Maybe not hundred times but at least ten times you have mentioned the word naked. Why do you think that being naked will make Alarick accept me?"

"You are his mate. When he'll see you naked, his inner wolf may come out and he might accept you." I roll my eyes after hearing Anne's ridiculous theory. "No, I'm serious!" She says convincingly. "Why don't you try my method? It might work!"

"I'm not going to be naked in front of Alarick," I say with determination.

"But—"

"No buts," I conclude and exit my room to escape from Anne but she follows behind me.

●●●●●

It is night and I'm sitting at the doorsteps of the pack house watching the stars twinkle in the night sky because I'm not feeling sleepy. After his argument with Mr. West in morning, Alarick had stormed out of the pack house and had gone somewhere. And he hasn't returned yet. I'm not worried about him getting attacked. No one in their right minds would think to attack one of the strongest Alphas in the world. So, I'm not worried about Alarick being in danger. I am just angry with him for disrespecting his father by storming out of the pack house. He takes his father for granted. When Alarick will return, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. He needs to learn to respect his father. He is the Alpha but that doesn't mean that he has the freedom to disrespect his father. He needs to truly learn how an Alpha behaves. These are the matters concerning Alarick. Now, let's come to his sister.

Throughout the day, Anne had been pestering me to be naked in front of Alarick. She kept requesting, she kept begging but I didn't listen to her. At the end of the day, she was really sad because I didn't give in to her wishes. I tried explaining to her that being naked in front of Alarick won't make him accept me but she wasn't ready to listen. A familiar scent breaks my train of thoughts. When I look ahead of me, I see Alarick coming my way. When he reaches me, he asks, "What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you to grace me with your presence," I say sarcastically. He rolls his eyes. I stand up. "Where were you?" I ask him.

"I don't need to answer you," he says with hatred. Before he can walk past me, I block his way.

"You need to answer me. I am your mate," I say slowly so that my words may enter his head and he may find it easy to understand.

"Says who?"

"Alarick, I don't know why you are denying me and I don't even care," I start to say. "But don't disrespect your father because of me."

"Now you will tell me what to do?" He asks, becoming furious.

"I can't even dare to tell you what to do because you happen to be one of the strongest Alphas in the world and I just happen to be a mere Beta," I speak, using the right words to bring down his anger. I don't want to argue with him because I know it will be useless. And I'm definitely not in the mood to argue with him in the middle of the night. I continue, "I am just requesting you to not disrespect your father. He doesn't deserve to be treated like the way you're treating him. He doesn't deserve to be taken for granted. Respect his opinions. It's not necessary for you to agree with him but don't be disrespectful towards him. Don't you realize that he gets hurt whenever you are rude to him, argue with him or disrespect him?" I don't wait for him to speak. "You should consider yourself lucky that your father is alive! If my father was alive then I wouldn't even think of disrespecting him." My voice cracks at the end of my speech at the mention of my father. I quickly turn around so that Alarick doesn't see the tear escaping from my eye. I quickly wipe that tear away.