14

There is a party in the pit tonight, a celebration for the initiates on stage one being finished. It's either a last hoorah for those who know they won't make it through cuts, or a little welcome to the next stage of training for those who know they'll pass cuts.

I wear a pair of tight black jeans with a black tube top. I opt out of wearing heels, I intend to have a good time and get drunk, and when I get drunk I'm a bit clumsy so I'm not gonna make it easier for myself to get hurt. I wear a little bit of makeup, just some mascara, concealer and shimmery gold eyeshadow.

By the time Liam, Calum, and I make it to the pit it seems like everyone in Dauntless is already there. I've never seen the pit so full before. Music is blaring and people are dancing and having a good time. We make our way over to the bar to get some drinks.

"Have either of you ever been drunk before?" I asked the two boys with me.

Liam answers first, "I don't think so, but I have had alcohol before. My friends and I would sneak beers and drink them on the roof of my friends house. I'm actually kind of surprised none of us fell off that roof."

We all laugh. I'm not surprised that Candor drinks.

Calum shakes his head, "Nah I've never drank before. Erudite thinks alcohol makes stupid. If there is one thing in Erudite for cant be is stupid," he looks slightly embarrassed by his answer, but he continues, "What about you Em? Any wild crazy Amity parties? Or drunken mistakes we should know about."

Before I can answer, the bartender gives us each two shots of whiskey. I take one in my hand and shot it back. Liam and Calum stare at me in disbelief. "Does that answer your question?" They both nod their heads up and down. "Amity drinks wine mostly. Once you turn fourteen you can drink wine at dinner," I pause for a second to drink my other shot. "Around that age is when the kids in Amity would start to find ways to get harder liquor and throw parties. Our favorite spot was under this large cluster of trees. People would get drunk and fall out of the trees all the time. It's definitely one of my favorite things people did in Amity."

Liam and Calum laugh at my life experiences and so do I.

"So my guess is where not taking it slow tonight," Liam says.

I'm quick to answer, "I wouldn't dream of it. It's our first Dauntless party. The first of many."

The bartender brings me two more shots and a beer for each of the boys. I do not need them getting too drunk. I know how to handle my liquor, but they don't. I don't want to have to look over the two of them tonight if they start puking. Liam raises his beer, with Calum and I quick to follow.

"A toast to making it past stage one and to hopefully making it past stage two and three," Calum says.

We all clank our glasses and cheer.

An hour later and I've had three more shots and I'm really starting to feel it. Calum and Liam are in the same shape as me. We are all drunk and dancing. I was currently grinding on Liam. I know he knows that this is strictly platonic, it's just I needed someone to dance with and I'd rather it be him than a stranger.

Calum comes stumbling over to Liam and I almost knock the two of us over when he trips on his feet. He grabs onto Liam to stabilize himself. "I'm gonna go check on Olivia. She's probably sad she isn't here. I don't think she should be alone anymore" Calum says.

Liam and I look at each other with a knowing look.

"Are you sure you're not going to check on her because you like her and now have drunk courage?" I ask. Causing a laugh to escape Liam's mouth.

"No, I just think it was rude of us to leave her there and now we're all drunk without her," Calum defends himself.

"We can't stop you if that's what you want to do," Liam says.