Blood

I peered over Electra's side. What had appeared as a navy blue outline at first was now becoming clearer and I could see that iron reins were resting on the saddle. There was no time to get a teacher and besides, I wanted to confront him. I mindlinked with Electra:

Electra circle round, I want to talk to Cherry but the wind is quite loud.

Electra flapped her wings rapidly until I was inline with Cherry, although I knew the rest of the team could now hear me.

"Cherry" I called. "What do you know about the powers of a Shadow Dragon and about Liam"

She looked at me curiously. I explained:

"If we don't confront him, he is just going to fly away and corrupt another rider,".

She nodded. "And you also won't get the answers you want,". I blinked. Was it that obvious? "Anyway" Cherry continued. "According to your book, Shadow Dragons can send spikes of their power from anywhere on their body and they can make shadows grow like vines. Or they just shoot a hard mass of shadow, like a rock. We need to avoid Liam, if he shoots us with shadow and it sticks, he could form the shadows into anything, from a blindfold to handcuffs or - well anything. However because Liam has no bond with Phantom, so he will have to command his dragon out loud.

"Ok" I said. "We just have one issue,". Everyone looked at me curiously. "We don't know how to control our powers,".

Striker spoke: "Except one. All the dragons can fire their element. All they need to do is open their mouth and imagine their element coming out,".

I spoke up: "What about Electra, the book claims she can shoot a wave of pink fire or a ball of plasma,".

Striker gave a dragony shrug. "I guess you should just try it,".

Electra mindlinked with me:

What should we do?

Try and shoot pink fire into the air! A teacher might see it and come over

Electra flipped over and I felt my breakfast rushing up just as she twisted up and breathed out with a huge rush of hot air. A pink and purple flame shot out, twisting and turning, flickering and twinkling just as rolled down into a dive. The rest of my Anchemi looped over and soared down, following me as Electra flapped her wings rapidly and landed with a gentle thud. The rest of my Anchemi followed, landing in a V shape. They all looked at Liam as I dismounted, sliding down Electra's wing and stalked towards Liam, stopping 10 feet away from him. He stopped leaning against Phantom and walked forwards. I counted the stamps until he was five feet away and then I called: "That's close enough,". My hand was on my sword as he took another step. Electra stood up on her hind legs and roared. Liam stopped.

"She is magnificent!" Now I was closer to Liam, I could have a good look at him. Without his mask on, he looked quite handsome. His hair was jet black, in direct contrast to his bright white irises. He wore the same armour we all wore, but whereas mine was pink, his was black.

"Hello sister"

"What do you want Liam"

"You know my name then"

I wanted to punch him. "What do you want?"

He smiled sadly. "Would you believe me if I said I just wanted to watch my little sis on her first flight?"

"No. Would you believe me if I said that before I came here, I never even knew I had a brother?"

"Yes,". Now this threw me. He knew i didn't know I had a brother.

"Why didn't you let me know you were alive?" I blurted out. Liam smiled.

Would you have believed me if I had told you?". I tried to picture it. Me collecting eggs from the chickens, with a huge black dragon dropping out of the sky and the rider climbing off and telling me he was my brother.

"No,".

"Exactly. And before you ask, Mother and Dad had their minds wiped as soon as I claimed a black egg,".

"Oh,".

I heard a rustle and I felt rather than saw Electra move to the side slightly as Striker came forward, his yellow head held high. Liam nodded a greeting.

"Striker. How are you doing without your rider? He was carted off to the prison in the capital last night"

Striker snarled. "How dare you!" How dare you call Electro my Rider! I am part of the most powerful Anchemi in the school, even without a rider and I have never been so happy. I have not been controlled since I told Amy the truth, I had the option to leave and be free and I chose to stay with your sister. If it were up to me, I would shoot you with lightning right now, but I am sure Amy would rather deal with it"

Liam laughed. "And what are you going to do sis? Blast me with lightning? Burn me to death? Crush me to death? Freeze me to death? Or would you rather join me and learn about our Dad, our heritage and our Destiny to Overthrow the Dragon King"

I stared at him. "What do you know about Dad?"

Liam chuckled. "Everything. But more importantly, what do you know about the Dragon King?"

I shook my head. "Nothing" I admitted.

"Then join me and learn about us!"

"Why would I do that"

"Because we are family, the only family we have"

"I have my Anchemi"

"But they're not blood. Not like us"

"Join me Sister!"

He stretched out his hand. I looked at his unfaltering hand and the stories about dad he offered, the secrets about the Plasma Dragons he had, the truth about what it truly meant to be "Queen of the Dragons,".

And I reached forwards.