20

Editing Credits: RedCross178

When Zarmeenay got back home, she went straight to her room. She was thinking about what Razia had said.

"How can Pa choose such a man for me?" She thought to herself, sadly. During dinner, when her grandmother asked her about her decision, she looked her Pa in the eyes and asked something that was bothering her.

"You want me to marry the Devil? The mafia head?"

Mr. and Mrs. Jahangir were shocked to hear something like this from her. "Zarmeenay, this world isn't black and white. It is grey all around. He is not only bad, there is good in him. We want you to marry him, because we know he can keep you happy and safe."

Tears began to fall from her eyes. "Pa. You know me. Do you think I will be happy with such a man?" She didn't wait for a reply and left for her room.

Mr. Jahangir sighed. He didn't know what to do next.

On the other hand, Hazik remained restless all day, but he didn't show it. At night, his patience ran out and he went to his father's study.

"Dad. Call them and ask when we should come to finalize the dates?" Hazik said.

Aamir Sheraazi looked at his son and shook his head. "They haven't said yes yet and here he is, talking about the wedding date." He grumbled to himself and asked Hazik to sit down.

He then called Mr. Jahangir and got to know about Zarmeenay's denial. "We need some time to see if anything changes." Mr. Janagir spoke. Aamir ended the call without saying anything.

"Zarmeenay denied." Aamir Sheraazi looked at his son. Hazik's face went cold, then contoured in anger. He left the study without a word.

"We should start planning for the wedding." Aamir said to himself, seeing what his son's plans were.

---------------

Around midnight, Zarmeenay woke up from sleep feeling like she was being watched.

She sat up and her eyes squinted in the din lighting. When her eyes adjusted to the dark, she saw Hazik standing a few steps away from her. She opened her mouth to scream, but before she could, Hazik's hand covered her mouth. Her eyes widened in shock of what was happening.

Hazik leaned in close and whispered, "Shh.. don't scream. I am not here to hurt you. Not today, at least." He said, pausing a little.

Zarmeenay felt herself stop breathing, fear and his closeness was making it hard for her to breathe. Hazik sat up after a long minute and took his hand off her mouth. Zarmenay quickly sat up and draped her dupatta on her shoulders.

Hazik couldn't help but smile at her move, but Zarmeenay failed to see it.

He sobered up and said, "Tomorrow, during breakfast, I want you to accept the proposal in front of your grandparents."

Zarmeenay looked at him, her eyes spitting anger. "I will not." She gritted her words. She was scared of him, but forgot her fear in her anger.

Hazik pulled her towards him, his hands holding hers tightly behind her back. His face was very close to hers, she couldn't maintain eye contact and looked down.

"Yes. You will." He declared coldly.

"I want you in my Nikah. You are a smart girl, don't force me to hurt you." He said and got up. It was becoming hard for him to control himself, he didn't want to hurt her and disrespecting his angel wasn't an option for him.

"I'm going tonight. If you don't agree, don't blame me what happens next. Think of your grandparents before denying." His threat was loud and clear.

Zarmeenay was shaken to her core by his words.