chapter 83

Murthy mansion
Nandini's room

Nandini was sleeping on her bed, lost in her dreams when ishita came in and sat beside her daughter. She had a few worry lines etched on her face, and she gently caressed nandini's face. Nandini on feeling the sensation woke up and saw her mother.

Now since her parents had mostly been out during her childhood, very rarely she had woken up to her mother's face. It had always been her brothers waking her up for school. Even manik had far more instances of waking her up.

N : good morning mom.

I : good morning Nandu

N : morning mom

Ishita kisses her forehead and asks her to come down for breakfast. She also tells her that adi, shivaay and her father have already left for the office.

N : so early

I : yes, he is holding a meeting with all department heads. Taking note of progress and the points we are lacking in.

Nandini's thoughts turn to manik and Adi's deal which was bound to come up. and suddenly all the leftover sleep in her eyes vanished. She hurriedly went to get ready and then joined ishita for breakfast.

I : are you going somewhere princess ?

N : yeah to the office

Ishita frowned

N : anything wrong mom

I : I wanted to talk to you about Manik

The fact that Manik and nandini had been distant past few days was known by everyone. Their parents had tried to give them time and solve the matter, but it didn't look like anything had improved.

Nandini gulped, she couldn't tell ishita about the deal problem. It wasn't hers to say. Nor could she say anything in Manik's defense.

N : what about it mom?

Ishita takes nandini's hands in hers, gently caressing them

I : nandini, manik and you have been friends for a long while. and maybe something more as well. You have gotten through so many things together, spoiling your friendship over small matters is not worth it.

Nandini nodded, ishita had considered both manik and nandini like her own. So she was trying to mend things between them.

I : nandini look, me and your father along with Manik's parents, somewhere along the line we always hoped that Manik and you will get married one day

Nanidni has a red hue on her cheeks on hearing the word marriage.

I : but we would never force you both. What matters is your happiness. And if it isn't with each other that's completely okay. You are young and yet to experience so much in your lives. You don't need to

N : mom calm down. Yes Manik and me we have our fair share of arguments but it's okay, we will get through them. and as far as the break up speech you are giving me. I think you should hold it for a while.

------
Office

Conference hall

Raman, adi and other major deperatment heads were sitting and giving relaort about their works for the past month. Shivaay being the CEO was currently giving a presentation about the improvements that could be done. The work of employees and deals that were beneficial.

Raman heard them, did a few changes, complemented some about their work and also other had to bear the brunt of his anger.

Two hours passed by and rest of them except Raman, shivaay and adi left.