6: Scars

"Minhee?"

I heard Taehyung's voice.

Sirens~

"Minhee?!"

I sucked in a deep breath and immediately sat up once my eyes opened.

"You're up!"

I heard Yerin's voice. I turned around and saw  her relieved expression.

"Guys, guys! Minhee is awake!", she shouted.

I massaged my temples, still feeling a bit dizzy. The moment I looked up, I saw my parents, Yerin and Taehyung.

My mom pulled me into a hug, tears forming in her eyes.

"You stupid girl! Always worrying me.", she scolded. I chuckled. "Mom, I am alright."

She pulled away from the hug and threw a deadly glare at me.

"What do you mean alright?! You fainted in the middle of the press conference!"

My eyes widened when I heard her words, becoming alert of the situation.

"Oh no! The conference-"

"Don't worry about it anymore. BigHit has already taken care of the situation.", she assured. I buried my face in my palms and let out a groan.

"Kang Minhee, you had only one thing to do.", I said frustrated.

"Dear, everything was handled well. No need to worry.", my father said. I shook my head.

"No, dad. I caused trouble. I should have just taken more pills before the conference-"

Yerin knocked my head, shutting me up real fast. I yelped in pain, glaring up at her.

"Bitch! What was that for?!"

"More pills? Do you wanna die from overdose? Those pills are not good for your heart in the long run!", she scolded, making me pout.

My gaze then landed on the person standing behind her.

Taehyung.

"Oh, you're still here?", I said.

"Of course he is. He was the one who brought you to the hospital.", my mom answered in a flat tone.

"Ah, Taehyung. You were saying. You want to talk to Minhee in private?", Yerin reminded and Taehyung nodded.

"We will take our leave then.", my mother winked at me knowingly. I furrowed my brows at her.

"What? They can just talk while we are here-"

"Uncle! I heard from your assistant that you have a very important meeting this evening. Aren't you running late?", Yerin said, causing my father to immediately look at his watch.

"Oh, right! God, I am running late.", my father gasped.

"I am taking my leave now, yeah? Minhee, you take a good rest too.", he pecked my forehead and ran out of the room.

My mother then pecked my forehead, a smile grimacing on her lips. "I have things to sort out in the hospital too so I am leaving.", she said and I nodded.

"I have stuffs to do too so I am gonna bounce.", Yerin said and I nodded again.

Wow, everyone seems busy.

All of them left the room, leaving me and Taehyung in awkward silence. He then scooted closer towards the bed and took a seat on the chair which was right beside my bed.

I cleared my throat, not knowing what else to do. My eyes were fixated on my hands that were on my thighs.

"Sorry."

I heard him say and I looked up to see him staring at me with an apologetic gaze.

"I really am so sorry. It was all my fault."

"What?! What are you apologizing for?", I asked in disbelief.

"You are dragged into this scandal because of me. You had to follow me to the press conference because of me. You fainted because of me. All because of me-"

"Taehyung.", I called and he stopped rambling.

"Look at me in the eyes.", I said softly.

He listened and his guilt-filled eyes met my calmer ones.

"It is not your fault that I have photophobia."

Photophobia: an experience of discomfort or pain to the eyes due to light exposure or by presence of actual physical sensitivity of the eyes.

"I should have known—"

"Taehyung, it was me who didn't tell you beforehand!", I laughed. "Calm down, will you?", I smiled and he nodded with a sigh.

"I actually want to overcome this fear you see.", I said and he looked at me wearily. "It's been awhile that I last came in contact with bright lights or camera flashes so I don't know if I'm over this or not. Now that I know, I guess I might have to take some therapy."

"How come you developed this fear?", he asked and his eyes widened. "Ah! You don't have to tell me if you don't want to—"

"I want to tell you though.", I cut him off and his tensed shoulders slumped down, looking relieved.

"Because you, along with the rest of BTS members are the ones that pulled me into the light.", I smiled. He seemed confused.

"Back in 2015, I got into a very traumatic incident.", I started.

"My parents are crazy rich so it isn't surprising that they've got many enemies. You've seen in dramas, eh? Kids with rich parents often get kidnapped. Well, it happened to me.", I chuckled and his eyes widened.

"Minhee, how can you talk about this so casually? You could have been hurt.", his face saddened.

"Not physically but emotionally, yes. They threatened my parents that if my father doesn't turn down the business proposal, they'd rape me."

My breath hitched at the mention of it. I started to feel uncomfortable about this conversation.

"I-I was tied down on a chair. My mouth was taped up—", tears streamed down my cheeks.

"I couldn't move. I screamed for help but no one heard me. Their filthy hands were on me. They tore up my clothes and it was all recorded on a video camera, a bright flashlight was shown onto me-"

I broke down into loud sobs and Taehyung pulled me into a hug as an instinct. I bawled out in his embrace.

He caressed the back my head while his other free hand rubbed my back in soothing circles.

"But, don't worry. Nothing really bad happen any further.", I sniffled as I pulled away.

"Before they could do the worse, the police came and I was rescued. For months, I shut myself in my room, refusing to meet anyone. Not my family. Not my best friend. During those times, I listened to your songs. I watched you guys.", I said.

"They healed my sorrows little by little. They helped me overcome my fears. So thank. Thank you so much. Never had I ever dreamt of telling you this in person.", I finished off with a smile.

Taehyung intertwined his fingers in mine.

"I am glad our music lessened your pain", he smiled and I shook my head.

"It's a shame. I am still traumatized by bright lights."

"Minhee, do you realize how strong you are? Your wounds have healed but only scars are left. And, it's okay to have them.", he said, warming my heart.

Hearing my bias say all those soothing words, it made my heart lighter. I let out a small smile as I couldn't help but look deeper into his warm brown eyes.

"You think I'm cool, don't you?", he grinned, making me roll my eyes.

I pushed his hand away with a slight pout.

"You're so great at ruining the mood."