15: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 15

The next few days passed without much hassle from my brother or my friends, I worked an evening shift on Wednesday night at Kaffeine and I hadn’t seen Jett all that much.

I was currently sitting in the cafeteria on Thursday afternoon with Piper and Blake when I remembered something. “Hey, didn’t you want me to speak to Jay about why he was acting weird on Saturday?” I asked Piper.

Piper looked at me funny for a second before remembering our previous conversation and she nodded shyly. “Umm... yea if you could that’d be great. I just wish I knew why he was acting weird. I mean, if it’s just that he doesn’t see me as anything more than a friend, then I could get over him and move on, but if it’s something else I’d like to know.” she replied.

I nodded while taking a bite of one of my fries. “Well I’m free after school today so I could go talk to him then.” I suggested and she nodded in response. “Is he gonna be at the dance studio or is he somewhere else today?” I asked.

Piper shrugged. “I’m not sure if he has anything planned, he hasn’t talked to me since Saturday.” she replied sadly. “But he usually teaches a young hip-hop class after school on Thursdays so my best guess would be that he’ll be there.”

“Okay, well I’ll head over there after school and talk to him and then I’ll tell you what he says.” I told her before finishing up the rest of my lunch.

Once my afternoon classes were finished with, I was putting some of my textbooks back in my locker when I heard someone lean against the locker next to mine. I turned my head to the side to see a smiling Jett.

I raised my eyebrow at him while closing my locker. “Do you need something?” I asked, but Jett just continued to smile. “You’re starting to creep me out, so are you gonna tell me what you want?”

“Well, you know that I walk to school but today it’s actually cold out and it’s snowing a bit so, I was wondering if you could give me a ride home in your warm, comfy car?” he asked, using his best puppy dog face.

“First of all, that face doesn’t work on me,” I said, and he immediately dropped the puppy dog look, “and second of all, you can have a ride if you help me out with something.”

Jett looked at me, clearly confused. “Okay, what do you need help with?” he questioned.

I smiled slightly. “Okay, well you’re a guy…”

“No, what gave you that impression? Was it the fact that I have a deep voice or the fact that I don’t have boobs?” he asked sarcastically.