Chapter 15

** GHOST POV **

Confusion. Attraction. Frustration. Arousal. Anxiety. Nervousness... Strange. I've simply just felt strange since I first saw him unconscious and hanging upside down in the basement of Safe House 37. 

Damon Carbone was evoking things within me that I would have never imagined, and I've yet to decipher if those feelings were beneficial or not yet. I sat in the passenger seat of the Range Rover, still trying to collect myself after I exited the jet. Whenever I was around him, my OCD and strategical mind calmed into nothingness, and it made me feel uneasy. It's as if my brain stops functioning around him, and if that kept up, it would lead to my ultimate demise for not just myself, by the crew I call a family as well. So I distanced myself from him, ignoring the brief jolt of emotions that would temporarily arise whenever I was in his presence. 

"So what's the plan?" Gio asked from the backseat. I looked in the rearview mirror to see that Damon was already staring at me. 

"We go in, talk to her, and make a deal." Damon said calmly as his eyes continued to look at me. 

"That is the worst plan I have ever heard in my life." I said slowly as I glared back at him. 

"Ghost, not everything needs an intricate scheme or a detailed plan. Sometimes things are more simple than they appear." Damon said as he raised his eyebrow at me. 

"She's one of the largest arms dealers in the world, and you just want to go and talk to her?" Rebel scoffed as she rolled her eyes. 

"She deals with my cousin, and we share the same last name. She wouldn't kill or turn away someone who she does business with. So yes, I'm just going to go in and talk to her." Damon said confidently. 

"Ghost, what's the real plan?" Rebel said as she crossed her arms, and all eyes fell on me. 

"Since Damon is so confident that he can pull this off, why don't we just let him." I said coldly as I grabbed a cigarette from the cup holder. He was deranged, completely insane to even think he can just walk into the estate to talk to her. 

"Thank you." Damon smirked at the same time Rebel exclaimed "Are you kidding me right now?!" 

"Since you're so adamant about walking into this blind, let's see how well it goes. We'll hook you up to a mic, and monitor the conversation from the car. If shit hits the fan, we'll come in armed and ready, which will most likely happen." I scoffed as I lit the cigarette and inhaled a deep breath. 

In the slim chance that his ridiculous plan will work, we'll solidify the deal and be one step closer to getting our favor. If it fails, Damon dies and these strange mix of emotions I've been feeling with die along with him. It's a win win for me. 

"This is 'bout to be a shit show." Rebel said as she scowled and looked out the window. 

"We're almost to the estate." Storm said as he turned a corner. 

"Here, put this on your shirt." Fox said as she handed Damon a small mic. He grabbed it and examined it before he attached it to the inside of his collar. 

"And don't fuck this up." I said as I smirked at him from the rear view mirror. He furrowed his eyebrows at me in annoyance before the car came to a stop. On the other side of the street was a large mansion. It looked like a damn castle. Behind the large steel gate was a long road surrounded by grass that led to the front door. The estate was encapsulated behind a tall brick wall, guards patrolling every inch of the mansion. 

"Good luck, you're going to need it." I said as I exhaled the cigarette smoke out of the window, slightly excited to prove his thinking process wrong. Damon grabbed the handle of the door and slid out of the car. He started to walk towards the gate, only to be stopped by ten guards who all aimed their automatic rifles directly at him.