67. How's Gamora

We crawled out of the ship and straightened ourselves. It had been a bumpy ride. I saw how Strange helped dad to his feet. " You alright?" dad asked Strange, he nodded. " How about you?" he then asked me. 

" I'm fine." I said opening my helmet and breathing in the air of the planet. What was the chance, we would end up on a planet with oxygen. 

" That was close. I owe you one." dad told Strange. 

" Yeah thanks Doc." I said.

Suddenly Peter descended from above us, hanging from a web. " Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something, and I end up eating you, I'm sorry." he said. It made me laugh, but dad wasn't so happy. 

" I don't wanna hear another single pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?" he told him. 

" Geez dad." I said. 

But Peter immediately followed " I'm trying to say that... something is coming." 

Suddenly, a grenade appeared out of nowhere and exploded, sending the four of us a few feet back. A grey, red colored man came running our way screaming " Thanos!!!" He flinged his blade at Strange, who had no problem defending himself. 

" What the fuck." I whispered putting my helmet back on. I saw a man fight my dad and pin him to a structure with a magnetic disc. I immediately made my suit disappear in my watch to not suffer the same fate. I kicked at him and hit him right in the back, with a bit of energy. He flew forward and turned around to look at me. 

" You little-" I heard him say before he started shooting at me. I dodged the blasts and loaded my hands to shoot him away. When I did, he used his shoes to turn his course and he directed his feet to Peter, kicking him away. " Stay down, clown!" he yelled. 

I tried to get dad off of the structure but the magnet was too strong for me. We kept trying, and once dad was free I went to help Peter.

A few seconds later we found ourselves all trapped or trapping someone. Dad had his foot on the grey man, Strange had his shield up pointed to the creature Peter had webbed up. The man I had fought had Peter in a head-lock and I had a loaded hand right beside his head. 

" Alright, everybody, stay where you are... Chill the F out." the man said opening his helmet with a single touch to the side of it. "I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where's Gamora?" 

Dad dehelmeted as well " Yeah, I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?" he asked. 

" I'll do you one better! Why is Gamora?!" the man under his foot asked. 

" Everyone always asks, where's Gamora and Why is Gamora. But do they ever ask, how's Gamora?" I couldn't keep the joke inside. 

" You think this is funny?!" the man holding Peter asked looking at me, anger written all over his face. 

" Dude chill out, it's just a joke." I tried to calm him down. 

" Not the time for jokes O." dad told me. 

" Tell me where the girl is, or I swear to you, I'm gonna French fry this little freak." he suddenly said pointing his gun to Peter's head. 

" You do that and I blast you to the other side of the Universe." I threatened him. 

" Let's do it!" dad yelled " You shoot my guy, I blast him and she blasts you. Let's go!" He extended a nanotech cannon, looking uncannily like an electric shark.

" Do it, Quill! I can take it." the man facing the cannon said. 

" No he can't take it!" the insect looking girl yelled.