16. Ex Dreams

Cohen
⚠️

"Give me one Fucking reason why I shouldn't leave." I hissed.

"Just give me one reason why I should stay with you! Were you even going to tell me Taylor?" I snap.

Her manicured hand wipes away the tears flooding down her cheeks. Crying won't make me any calmer.
Im livid. All I can see is red.

"Answer me!"

" I-I'm so sorry baby." She stutters through her sobs.

"You're sorry, you actually think that saying sorry is going to fix what you did!" I pace in front of her. She stays silent on our couch.

How could she?
I love her.
I trusted her.
My world begins and ends with her.

"You're my wife. We're supposed to make decisions together!"

"Yes! Yes, I made this decision on MY own Cohen. You're gone most of the time. Ever since you got drafted to the team you're never home! You have no right to be mad at me! I wasn't going to be able to do it on my own!" She screams at me placing herself right in the path of me pacing.

"I'm gone most of the time to provide for us! No one ever said you'd be alone! I'm your fucking husband for crying out loud! I-I, have no right Taylor? I stop and look her straight into her blue eyes.

"You took my right to be a father away from me!"

"It's just a Dream.... Cohen, wake up it was just a dream." I wake up to Ev hovering over me, her eyes wide with panic. I shift in the bed feeling the sheets stick to my body. Her small hand caresses my cheek I can tell she's worried about me. 

I haven't dreamt of Taylor in so long. I tried to push all those thoughts away. They of course come back when I'm in the bed with Ev.

I wrap my arms around Ev making her straddle me. I just need her. She helps me forget all the pain and loss.

"I'm fine baby.. it was just a bad dream. I'm fine." I repeat to her as I lift my hand up to stroke her flushed cheek. She's already been through enough she doesn't need my bullshit on top of it.

She leans into my hand. I love the way her skin feels under my touch. She feels so soft just like velvet.

" Do you have nightmares often?"

" I haven't in awhile but it's nothing to worry about. It's probably just the stress from waiting to hear back from the Seahawks, that's all." I try to reassure her.

I really don't want to talk about my dreams or anything to do with my past right now. As of right now everything is perfect. She's perfect and I don't want to darken it with my ugly past.

I place my hands on her hips and lift her gently off me. I slide from beneath the covers stretching my body. I lean back down to her and place my lips onto her full ones. I glance at the digital clock on her dresser, it's two in the morning I need to go back to sleep but I need a shower first.I run my fingers over her petite frame and hook my hands under her ass and lift her to me. Her body feels amazing against mine.

I walk us to her bathroom and place her on the grey granite counter but never breaking our kiss. I run my hands up her smooth thighs feeling her skin form stubbles under my fingers. The higher my hands slide up her skin I can feel the heat from her core. I make my way under her shirt wanting to get closer to her.

Fuck. She's still not wearing her panties around me.

I lift her shirt over her head and drop it to the tiled floor. She looks so damn beautiful. I need to be inside her. I position myself in between her long legs. Her eyes mirror back the same lust I have in my own. She unwraps her hands from around my neck and slides them down my chest stopping just above the waistband of my boxers. She slowly pulls down the cotton material making them drop to the floor. I push my harden length against her thigh showing her how much I want her. I place my hand on her lower back to bring her to the edge of the counter. I need her now. Without hesitation she wraps her legs around my waist and pushes her beautiful naked body against mine. Just feeling her body against mine makes me want to explode. I pick her up and walk us towards the shower.

I push her body against the white tiled wall and turn the warm water on us. My fingers hover over her sex. She's so fucking wet. My fingers roll on to her clit and a soft moan escapes her lips. I dip my fingers inside her and she feels amazing. Working my fingers into her I can feel her getting close. I pull my fingers from her and slide her on to length. I can't help but moan from how tight and wet she is around me. I slide in and out of her pacing myself. She tightens her grip around my shoulders and I can feel she's on the edge of releasing. Her moans are making me get closer so I begin to stroke harder, feeling her tighten around me. She moans out my name as she releases around me. I love the way my name escapes her lips as she cums around me. I pump myself into her two more times before I get my own release.

Our breathing is ragged. The steam from the shower fogs up the glass shower walls. After our breathing slows I place her back down onto the cold floor letting her wet body slide down my front.

"You're so beautiful." I tell her as I gaze into her gorgeous eyes. She blushes under my gaze and leans her head onto my chest. I don't want to ever let her go.

I help her off the counter and step into the shower. We're tangled together again wanting to feel what we just did again.After we wash ourselves we step out of the shower and I wrap a towel around her then wrap one around my waist.

"Who's Taylor?" She asks stopping me in the middle of drying my hair. Did Liam say something to her? My blood run cold at the sound of Taylor's name coming from Ev's lips.

I look down at her trying to figure out a way to not lie but also not talk about it either.

"You were yelling her name in your sleep. It sounded like she pissed you off severely." She tells me.

She has no idea how severe it actually is.

"Umm.. she's my ex..." I pause waiting to see her reaction. I'm not lying she is my ex, I'm just not ready to tell her what kind of ex she is. To my surprise she doesn't look to mad that I told her I was dreaming about my ex but she does look uncomfortable.

"Is she part of the touchy subject you don't want to talk about? You can tell me you don't want to talk about it ya know."

I can tell she wants to know why I was screaming at my ex in my dream but she's not pushing it. Thank God. I just can't bare to have Taylor mess up one more good thing in my life. I know Ev and I haven't known each other long but she makes me happy and I'm not letting my past ruin it.

Taylor was my high school sweetheart. We grew up as best friends then fell in love our freshman year of high school. We were each others first.

First crush.
First kiss.
First love.
First everything.

When I first saw her in my freshman biology class I knew I wanted her to be mine forever. I loved the way her beautiful blonde hair shined in the sun and her bright blue eyes sparkled when she was telling me about her day. She was my one.

The week before we left for college I proposed to her. I wanted everyone to know she was mine. I knew we were young but I didn't care. I was in love.We both attended college together I was achieving my dream to become a professional football star while going to school for business and she was getting a degree in journalism. We were inseparable from sharing a few classes together, to living with each other to finally marrying each other the spring before graduation.

I was the happiest man the day she took my last name. We started the rest of our lives together happily but little did I know just six months later she would no longer be my world. She crushed me. She took every ounce of happiness away and she became unrecognizable. My love became hatred. That's the one part that hurts the most.

I know I'll have to tell Ev my story soon. I want to make her happy like she's makes me. She's the first person I've met since Taylor that actually makes me want to stay and I can't ruin that right now.