Allie

My mind is racing as I sit next to Spencer at Emily's kitchen table. Emily is on her way back with Josh after having gone to hunt him down.

There's an energy in the room that makes me feel like I'm not welcome. Maybe it's because after Emily let me in, I heard Spencer shouting at JJ. She'd obviously said something about us to tick him off, and I'm sure the stress he was already under didn't help.

Maybe it's because I'm in my sleep clothes.

He brushes his pinky finger against mine on the table, giving me a subtle hint that he wants to hold hands. I set my hand facing up and he interlocks out fingers.

"You're kind of scary when you shout," I say with an awkward laugh.

He frowns at me. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were there."

I just shake my head. "Don't be sorry,"

He lets out a tiny sigh and I peek across the room, watching his team as they talk about the case. They all greeted me with waves before Spencer ushered me to the table to sit with him.

A silence falls between us. He softly runs his thumb up and down my index finger, trying to soothe me.

I have to stay with him. Stay at his apartment all day and not be able to leave? For how long? And who's to say this guy doesn't know I'm with Spencer?

"I don't wanna stay with you," I blurt, making his thumb cease.

"You don't?" He asks me, almost looking disappointed.

I open my mouth to say something, but it takes a second for it to come out. "I just...I don't want to be a burden. It's not your job to 'take care of me'. I'll be safe and watch over my shoulder-"

"Allie, please, let me do this. I just want you to be safe," Spencer squeezes my hand. "Please, if something happens to you... I don't know what I'll do."

"Are you sure about this?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

He nods quickly. "I'm sure, I'm positive. You won't be a burden, either. I love having you around."

"Allie!" I hear Penelope say from behind me. Her heels click as she makes her way over. She takes my right hand and tugs on it. "Come on, let's go introduce you to everyone properly."

I give her an unsure look, but she just gives me a small smile and mouths 'it's okay'.

I let go of Spencer's hand and hop out of my chair, gesturing for him to come along. As Penelope tugs me toward the rest of her colleagues, Spencer follows behind.

She stands me in front of everyone, lets go of my hand, and puts her left hand on my right shoulder. "This is Allie!" She announces to everyone. "She's a very lovely gal. She'll be playing Mimi Marquez in UDC's upcoming production of Rent!"

"She's a Hufflepuff, she likes Doctor Who, she has a very extensive collection of memes on her phone-"

I feel my face flush at the last comment.

"And most of all, she makes Spencer very, very happy. So, anyone- JJ and Matt-" She coughs out. "Who is giving her the cold shoulder should stop it."

JJ stands up from her seat and walks up to me. "I'm sorry. I can tell that you're a nice girl and... you do make Spence really happy. So, welcome to the family." The blonde gives me a smile. She opens up her arms, offering a hug. I give in and wrap my arms around her, sharing an awkward embrace with the agent.

Matt gives me a hug next. "Sorry for the cold shoulder," He tells me with an apologetic look.

"I'm Tara, it's really nice to meet you!" Tara wraps me in a hug, the first one that isn't awkward. Maybe it's because she wasn't giving me the cold shoulder. I recognize her from Spencer's photo album. She's a lot taller than I am, just about as tall as Spencer. Maybe an inch or so shorter.