Chapter 18

**DAMON CARBONE POV**

We had some time before we had to break Thorn and Gio's dumbass out of jail. I took a very cold shower, hoping to calm my frenzied body after my little exchange with the blonde beauty. She was tantalizing, and I found myself thinking of her more. It was as if I had a pull towards her, to be near her. She was like an enigma, as soon as I got close, she pulls away further than before, and I just can't help myself from falling further and further every time. 

I got dressed, and decided that I'd get some reading done from Ghost's journal. I couldn't stop thinking about what I read, and I was desperate to find out more about what she's been through. I reached in my duffle bag and pulled it out. I took my normal seat next to the balcony, and started reading the messy writing:

Day 42

We got a few roommates today: 004, 005, 006, and 007. Seems like there's a pattern with our names. The torture sessions continued, and I haven't been able to write considering my wrists were sprained. Even though the days passed, everything is still the same. We're taken out of our rooms, we get tortured for a few hours, the doctors record and write things down during the session, then I return to an empty room, and 001 comes back a few hours later. I'm hoping these roommates survive, especially 004, she's the friendliest out of the group, and I enjoy having someone to talk to. 

I found out that just like me, they had no memory of any events before waking up in a hospital bed. 

Day 54

007 died in his sleep today. 

Day 58

005 and 006 didn't survive the burning session, they died shortly after they were escorted back to our room. 

Day 62

They pulled myself, 001, and 004 out of our rooms for the sessions like usual. Except 004 never came back. Now I have no one to talk to. 

Day 237

I'm finally back in my room, 001 nowhere in sight. I never thought I'd be so happy to see these damn concrete walls again. I saw that I had 4 new roommates, but at this point, I didn't even bother learning their numbers. They locked me in a freezing basement. With no lights, no warmth, no bed, no bathroom, nothing but darkness and scraps of food every few days. I thought I went mad, completely deranged. At first I was scared, so fucking scared. I haven't had human interaction 175 days, 4200 hours, 252,000 seconds. 

I don't know what's worse: being engulfed in the darkness, or embracing it. 

I heard footsteps outside my door, and quickly hid the journal back in my duffle bag. My door swung open to reveal Angelo who had his eyebrows furrowed. 

"You good?" I called out as I stood up. 

"A little fucking nervous, but other than that I should be fine." He said as he ran a hand through his hair. 

"Wanna go for a walk to calm your nerves?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow at him. Angelo use to have anxiety attacks as a child, and we would always walk around the estate until he was calm.