The Creation Of Systems

Heavenly Emperor,  Aster, sat on his throne as a bored, yet tired expression graced his face. 

He created thousands of worlds and he was responsible for managing all of them. At first he was bored and a little lonely, so he created several planets with sentient life forms. He hoped that with time these life forms would ascend and accompany him, but thousands of years passed with no change. 

Everyday he had to manage each world. 

 At first it was interesting seeing all the different life forms in different worlds, but as time passed he slowly lost his interest. 

"Even though I was the one who created them, do I really have to personally manage them? Isn't that too much?!" Aster complained as he simultaneously managed several worlds. 

Honestly, it wasn't that difficult for him, but Aster hated having to do work.

"I'm the heavenly Emperor! There should be people doing this for me!" He fussed. "However, I'm the only one here."

Aster sank into silence as he silently complained to himself. 

He hated how his castle was so quiet, how he was the only one to roam the halls, how he didn't have a single soul to converse with. Most of all he hated watching the mortals struggle to figure out the key to immortality.

"Seriously people, it's not that hard." Aster muttered as he continued looking at the worlds he created.

"If only I could create someone to do this for me." Aster complained in a slightly sulky tone.

A few minutes passed by before Aster realized what he had said. Without another word, he excitedly began to create another life form. Just like when he was creating worlds, he imaged a vague idea of what he expected it to be like. 

He wanted it to be smart, capable of speech and control. That way he could leave it to manage his worlds in his steed. 

After a few minutes, it finally took form as a young female. With her light blonde hair and grey eyes, she stood unnaturally straight and she stared ahead dully. 

Aster furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, he didn't know what went wrong, but he knew that she wasn't fully functional. She was missing something.

Leaning back onto his throne, he casually asked, "Do you know what is wrong with you?"

As if she finally understood her situation, she promptly kneeled and said, "Forgive me, but I do not understand."

Not bothered by her sudden kneeling, Aster continued, "You are missing something to be fully functional. Do you know what it is?"

As she still didn't understand, she simply bowed her head and remained silent. 

With a slight wave of his hand, Aster maximized an image of a human roaming one of his many planets and showed it to her.

"You do not feel like they do." Aster stated.

Raising her head, she stared at the image before responding, "Computing.....searching database....error detected.....searching for solutions..." 

Aster raised his eyebrows in surprise, he was probably thinking about one of those newly created computers from one of his planets when he was creating her. 

"Compared to my human counterpart I lack a soul and the necessary experience to behave appropriately." 

"Is that so." Aster said thoughtfully. 

If it was just a soul he could give it to her, however he couldn't give her experience, that was something that came with age. 

Suddenly Aster was struck with another idea, "How would you like a brother and sister?"

She didn't respond, only stared ahead blankly.

After giving it some thought, he decided to change her appearance. 

By the time he was done, he managed to create three people. 

The first one was the same female with blonde hair, only this time she had black eyes instead. He named her Goli, he found the name very fitting as her hair resembled the gold that coated his castle walls.

 He named her Goli, he found the name very fitting as her hair resembled the gold that coated his castle walls

The second was also female, but she had dark silver hair and black eyes. He named her Silvi, as her hair resembled the silver that streaked across his throne. Unlike her sister, the bridge of her nose was filled with freckles.

 Unlike her sister, the bridge of her nose was filled with freckles

The third one was male. He had light brown hair and black eyes. Keeping up with the theme Aster decided to name him Bron. Aster thought his name was slightly funny and wanted to tease him, but the knowledge that Bron wouldn't react stopped him.

 Aster thought his name was slightly funny and wanted to tease him, but the knowledge that Bron wouldn't react stopped him

As he stared at his work, Aster felt excitement coursing through his veins. Soon his castle wouldn't feel so empty, soon he would have people to converse with, soon there would be someone else to manage his worlds.

"You only have one mission." Aster said slowly.

Hearing the word 'mission', they all stared up at him attentively.

"You are to pick one mortal world and spend a lifetime there gaining experience." 

With their mission imprinted on their newly formed souls, Aster disrupted their physical forms and let their souls go to find a suitable mother to house them.

"I can sense it." Aster said, smiling slightly, "Change is near."