: three :

After they finished lunch Y/N went back to her office and so did Tom, she had briefly mentioned the situation with Harrison's driver to Tom but they got sucked in by their work that they didn't get to talk about it. The evening fell over her without notice until an incoming FaceTime call from Tom took over her laptop screen. "Stop, I'm busy." She groaned as soon as she answered.

"Need to go get ready. It's almost time." He flicked his wrist to look at his watch.

"Get ready? For what?" She furrowed her brows, propping her elbows on the desk bringing her hands to her temples.

"Harrison's coming over and you told me you were going to be there with me." He reminded her squinting his eyes.

"Uh, that..." She peered at the top right corner of the screen to see the time, "Right, but I'm not going to get all dolled up to stay in the house, okay?" She warned rubbing her eyes.

"Alright, go then." He chuckled and shook his head, "I'm gonna get in the shower as well." He announced before dropping the call. Tom knew she would do anything to avoid being in there with him, not only because she wasn't big on gatherings but he wasn't stupid, he sensed some tension between her and Harrison the night he introduced them, he was sure it was just how Harrison came across most of the time and she was not one to tolerate that kind of attitude.

"Ready, y/n/n? They're almost here." Tom's muffled voice came from behind her bedroom door just as she slipped on her heeled ankle boots.

"Yeah, done." She confirmed swinging the door open and stepping out.

"Thought you said you weren't gonna get dolled up, look at you." Tom teased, he knew she wasn't 'dolled up', the girl was barely wearing makeup and her outfit was simple with no accessories.

"Want me to go get in my pyjamas?" She retorted, furrowing her brows at him.

"Stop it. I'm just trying to say you look good, mate." The young man complimented, gesturing for her to walk towards the staircase.

"I look plain like always, Tom. Don't hype me up." She scoffed, "But thanks, I guess." She didn't know how to take compliments about her appearance, she considered herself confident but when other people pointed it out she just became awkward and didn't know what to do.

"You look pretty as always, y/n/n." Tom kissed her temple and offered his arm for her to hold as they made their way down the stairs. The walk to the bar that she called 'the red room' seemed quicker than it ever had, she wasn't uncomfortable but a bit uneasy. Y/n really didn't like this part of the business but it wasn't business, it was just friends getting together for a game of poker, the only difference was that those men weren't her friends and that she was shit at poker, so she just took a deep breath and kept walking.

In the very back of the house was a medium-sized salon with red and orange mood lights, a poker table in the middle, a pool table on the far left and a bar to the right where she immediately went to starting to chat away with Colin, the barman, for a few minutes before the guests walked in. She didn't even bother looking at them, some of Harrison's men were accompanying him but the only ones she recognised there were Harrison and Tuwaine the others she had never seen in her life.

The navy blue bodycon dress she was wearing kept riding up her thighs every time she moved, not really caring until the men's murmuring grew inside the room only then she tug the fabric further down. "Miss, I believe some of the gentlemen want your attention." Colin leaned to whisper as he poured her beverage.

"Is it Tom?" She asked, bringing the glass of virgin drink up to trap the straw between her glossy lips.

"No, Miss." He shook his head, looking down at the glass he was cleaning.