Chapter Thirty-three

"You found parts of me I didn't know existed and in you, I found a love I no longer believed was real".

~Anonymous

Hunter

Morning came too fast. I was woken up by something moving against my knuckles. I was lying on my back, one of my hands falling off the bed, while the other was around Alex, who slept completely on top of me. What had been moving against my knuckles had been Philip who was nudging me softly with his wet nose. Taking a deep breath, I moved my hand and scratched the top of his head.

With Alex being on top of me, I couldn't move so I reached out with my free hand to grab my phone from my desk. It lied on the empty pizza box, the one we had ordered last night at midnight, in between our shared activities.

It was a little after eleven in the morning, meaning I had only gotten around five hours of sleep. Closing my eyes, I started remembering last night again. Our first time had been better than I imagined –I was actually surprised by how confident Alex had been-. But, we had also spent a lot of hours just talking last night.

Our main topic was about how we would deal with his family, but we also spoke about other, more pleasant, things. Like how our future together would be like. What our apartment in Los Angeles would be like. What our daily life would be like, Alex at the recording studio, while I would be at Art School. Just before we fell asleep we promised each other that no matter what, every day we would spend at least half an hour being close to each other. Not necessarily talking, but at least sitting in each other's arms; listening to each other's heartbeats.

The sudden sound of Alex's ringtone made me jump, and he slowly woke up.

"Good morning," I told him, as he reached over me to grab his phone.

"It's Anna," he said and sat up, leaning forward to rest his head against his hand. "Hello," he told the phone. I also sat up and started playing with a few strands of his hair, still not used to the new style but loving it. "I haven't talked to Chris, Anna. I mean, we did talk a little, but the subject was diverted away from him. He said that he wanted to make it up to you and to earn your trust again". Alex paused for a second and he bit his lower lips. "No, Anna, you know he's not your soulmate. I don't think giving him another chance is worth it," Alex huffed and closed his eyes. He brought the phone to his other ear, the one that was closer to me and now I could also listen to Anna's voice.

"You sound tired. Is everything alright?" she asked, sniffling.

"Um, actually... no. I'm with Hunter now, but eh... yesterday afternoon I came out to my parents," Alex admitted and pressed the bridge of his nose.

"Oh no, how did they take it?"

"Badly," Alex snapped, but I was sure he didn't want to sound mean to her.

"I'm so sorry. If you're with Hunter then I'm sure everything will be alright," she muttered. "Um, Alex... thank you for telling me the truth. And I hope everything will turn out fine for you. How about we talk another time?" she said, now sounding more relaxed. Alex just hummed in agreement and I listened in as she hung up.

"You might have been a little bit of a dick..." I noted with a pout. He turned to look at me with a desperate glare.

"I don't care, I need to pee," he said and bolted out of bed, only clad in his boxer briefs. I couldn't help but laugh until I fell back on the mattress.

A few moments later I heard the toilet flush and then water hit the porcelain sink. When he came back, I was putting on my glasses, and with his hands still wet he flicked them at me, filling up my glasses with droplets of water. I scowled at him and shook my head. He snickered and fell next to me, face first, with a sigh.