The best Knight's sleep.

Zelda didn't know what she had done. Did she really just yell at Link? Her only real friend? Did she just push him away, just like he had said she would?

"Link... I am sorry." She whimpered.

Zelda started to cry but before she knew it, Link had walked forward and held her in his arms. This kept back the tears. Link whispered in her ear.

"No, I'm sorry Princess. I came here to thank you but I didn't realize you need your time alone."

Zelda looked up into Link's comforting eyes and stared deeply into them.

"When I couldn't find you and I learned about your meeting with the King, I knew you had left. And so I left as well, without notice..."

Had he seriously left without a word, just so he could find her? Why would he do that when he knows that other people wanted to see him after he came out the hospital?

"We should head back..." Zelda said finally, reluctantly pulling away from Link's embrace.

Link looked to the setting sun.

"I think we should camp here for the night"

***

Once the fire was made and the sleeping mats were set out, Zelda settled down near to the flame and decided to take her Sheikah Slate out. She examined the map on it and determined the safest, longest rout she could think of.

Link went to his usual position, on the other side of the fire, keeping watch. He was standing for hours at a time each night, but it was worth it to keep Zelda safe.

"Please sleep, Link" Zelda whinned.

"I must not, of I am to protect you" he snapped.

Zelda didn't like Link staying up all night just so she could sleep. And then he would be awake all day. When did he sleep? Finally, the answer hit her, Link couldn't refuse, even if he wanted to.

"Well when you say protecting, doesn't that include phycological protecting?" Zelda said playfully as she tapped her forehead.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it's just that, last time I had nightmares, you stayed with me and they went away. I need that protecting right now, so come and sleep!" She tried to sound serious but she burst out laughing, quickly joined by Link.

"Oh, alright then!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

Link settled down on his own sleeping mat on the opposite side of the fire to Zelda.

Zelda pretended to fall asleep. Link watched for a while, trying to make sure she was asleep before he fell asleep himself. It wasn't long before Link gave into his tiredness and fell into a deep sleep.

Zelda opened her eyes and looked at Link sleeping for a few minutes, determining he was indeed asleep. She got up slowly and tiptoed round to Link's side. She carefully layed next to him and pulled his arm over her. As if on instinct, Link other hand found itself curling round her waist all on its own. This left Zelda warm in Links arms, her back pressed up against his mighty abs. She snuggled into Link and closed her eyes, finally falling asleep...

***

Link started to stir. Link didn't want to get up, he just had the most peaceful sleep he had in a long time. As he started to stir, he felt something move on his chest.

Link's eyes bolted open. It was the Princess! She was curled up in his arms. Their legs were intertwined. Link's arms were wrapped around her. What had happened?

Link tried to unglue himself from Zelda without waking her up but that didn't work.

"Huh?" Zelda mused.

Oh Goddesses! Help me, Link thought.

"Morning Link" Zelda giggled.

She stood up and went straight to Aspen to offer him an apple, trying to hind the fact that Link had woken up cuddling the Princess.