52

WITH TREMBLING HANDS, Aria takes the metal cup in her hand before leaning her head back, downing the elderberry drink

WITH TREMBLING HANDS, Aria takes the metal cup in her hand before leaning her head back, downing the elderberry drink. Shivering slightly, she leans back onto her legs, her bloodshot eyes looking over towards Hershel. "Some council meeting, huh?" Aria weakly nods, her eyes lowering to the ground. "We're two members short." Sasha points out, lowering the metal cup from her lips.

"I think we should make some new rules before they get back." Hershel tries to lighten the mood as the three sick young adults look over at him, confused. "I hereby declare we have spaghetti Tuesdays every Wednesday." A small smile makes its way on Aria's face as she chuckles lightly, her head shaking. "First we have to find some spaghetti." Hershel states, looking around at the trio.

"I can make some mean spaghetti."

♚ ♛

Aria steps out of the cell, her eyes lowering down to the man beside Hershel. Sasha motions for her to come help her and the two females grab the gurney, pulling it over towards the older man. "Let's put him on this." Sasha utters, lowering the gurney. Aria crouches down beside the man's leg, grabbing it in her hands. "Ready?" She whispers, looking over towards the two before hauling the man up, a grunt escaping through her lips.

Hershel stops the two females, sending them a stern look. "Go rest—can y'all make it to your cells?" Aria slowly nods, her arms wrapping around Sasha's body to keep her up. If they are stuck in here, they might as well help each other. Stumbling over towards Sasha's cell, Aria lets the female lay down on her bed, sending her a comforting look. "You'll be okay." She whispers before grabbing onto the cell door and walking out, making her way towards her own cell.

♚ ♛

Flopping down on the mattress, Aria grabs the bible off of the bed, her fingertips running over the texture of the cover. Aria has never been a big religious person, she thought there was a God but she has had her doubts. Reaching over and flicking on the lantern, light fills the room. Cracking open the bible, she flips to a random page, her eyes scanning over the thin paper. I am not alone, for my father is with me. But is he really? This whole world has gone to shit and Aria completely feels alone, he's not with her. Her whole life has been messed up, has he even been with her at all? Aria hides her feelings; scared that someone will just judge her. She can't dream no more, this world has taken that away from her. This stress is making her lose her mind, she's going insane. She's losing her faith, she's losing all hope in everything.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed. Behold, I am making all things new. Aria narrows her light blue eyes at the verse before hurling the bible at the wall, the book smacking loudly against the ground. He has a perfect way of making things new, doesn't he?

♚ ♛

Aria wakes up abruptly, a lone shot filling the air and Aria hastily stands to her feet, only to have her legs buckle out from underneath her. She falls to the ground, her body trembling. Blood splatters from her mouth as she coughs violently. She wheezes as she lays down on her side, blood falling down her face. "Her — " The female is cut off by another cough raking through her body and her heartbeat quickens.

"Shit — we need another bag!" Someone calls out, the voice fuzzy to Aria. Her mind drifts in and out as she hangs onto life, her body falling weak. Footsteps rush into the room and Aria's eyes flutter closed.

That's when they realized, her heart had stopped.

A U T H O R
and i oop..

also, i'm not exactly sure if the religious part of this chapter was offensive to anybody but if it was, my apologies. (: