Oh God, Fred

As Percy watched Grace run off, he sighed to himself, trying to calm his nerves. He tried for a few seconds before deciding to walk over to her.

"Percy!" Fred ran over, turning him around. "I've... um got to ask you something about... um... you know."

"I think you're a bit old for the sex talk, Fred," Percy said.

Fred laughed nervously before turning his attention to Thicknesse. Fred faced a different death eater and began to battle him.

"Hello minister!" Bellowed Percy, sending a neat jinx straight at Thicknesse, who dropped his wand, and clawed at the front of his robes, apparently in discomfort. "Did I mention I'm resigning?"

"You're joking Perce!" Fred shouted, as the Death Eater he was battling collapsed under the weight of the three separate stunning spells. Thicknesse has fallen to the ground with tiny spikes erupting all over him; he seemed to be turning into some kind of sea urchin. Fred looked at Percy with glee. "You actually are joking... I don't think I've heard you joke since you were-"

The air exploded. Percy went flying through the air, landing on the ground with a thud. He felt his forehead that had a huge gash on it. He looked to see Ron groaning on the ground, he looked a different direction, where Fred was.

Everything went in slow motion, Fred was lying motionless. His eyes were open wide.

"No," Percy said, shaking his head in disbelief. "No no no! NO! FRED! NO!"

Percy ran to Fred, shaking him. He wasn't moving. Percy continued to shake him.

"Fred! Fred wake up! Fred!" Percy wailed. "No! NO! FRED PLEASE!"

He shook his brother once more, Harry and Ron both grabbed his arms to try and pry him away.

"NO!" Percy shouted. "I'M NOT LEAVING HIM! Fred please wake up! I'll never scold you again, I promise. I'll never complain about one of your pranks ever again and I'll never leave again..."

"Percy," Ron spoke quietly.

"Fred please," Percy pleaded, ignoring Ron. "Remember when we were kids? Remember when you set my hair on fire and you made it up to me by shaving off all of yours? Remember when I broke one of your toys and you called me Percy the ninny and mum yelled at you for saying it so I called you a shithead in return to even things out?"

Fred continued to lay motionless. His brown eyes stared up at Percy, Percy began to cry.

"Percy, we've got to move... we're going to be killed if we don't move," Ron said.

Percy wiped his tears and helped drag Fred to a wall niche. Percy went on to finish Thicknesse, all for Fred.