31: Good morning

"Wakey, wakey lovebirds." I'm woken up by that all too familiar voice and the bed going up and down by his jumping.

"Elliott for once in your life, can you be a normal person?" Trevor scrunches his face.

"I am. This is normal for me. Now wake up. There's a lovely breakfast waiting to be eaten."

"Okay. Go and wait, we'll come." I say and he leaves, surprisingly. Trevor and I get dressed and brush our teeth, taking our time. When I step in the kitchen a nice smell of pancakes and fruit fills my nostrils.

"Good morning." I say to Lisa and April who are drinking coffee at the table.

"Hurry up. I wanna eat." Elliot rubs his hand as he looks at the food. We sit down and I too dig in with Elliot. Trevor is still lazy and eats slower than he normally would.

"How was your night?" April asks us.

"Ah, yes. How was your night?" Elliot repeats looking between Trevor and I.

"I slept well." I say and continue eating.

"Boring." Elliot pouts as he takes a bite.

"I'm sure it wasn't boring for you Elliot. How's your back?" Trevor smirks mischievously.

"It's just fine." He turns his head dramatically. When he turns back to look at Trevor he has the same smirk he had earlier. Oh, I feel it coming... "How's your a-" I stuff his mouth with a pancake before he finishes. I know what he was going to say and I think Trevor got it too. If we're judging by his dead expression.

"Moms, I think we'll leave after we finish. We still have to study and rest a bit before Monday." Trevor changes the subject.

"Okay Trev. I'll pack some of the cookies for you boys. I made some more this morning." Lisa wipes around her mouth and stands in front of the oven. As soon as she opens it a wonderful smell of freshly baked cookies fills the room.

"Theif all fow me." Elliot says with his mouth still full of pancakes.

"You'll get some if you earn them." Trevor says as he throws a blueberry at Elliot's face to which he scowls. Trevor sticks out his tongue and shakes his head and Elliot makes a 'I'll cut your neck' motion. April giggles and shakes her head in disbelief as the two idiots continue the silent battle.

"Come again soon boys. Be good at school, eat a lot, behave in class, don't fight, make more friends, call us, text us, visit us..." Lisa rambles as she hugs Trevor to death. It's time for us to leave and we're saying our goodbyes in front of the house.

"Alright mom. If we don't go in a minute we'll miss the bus." They part and Trevor pinches his mother's chubby cheek.

"Bye baby. Text me when you get back." April says shortly and kisses him on the cheek. She turns to Elliot and I and says an equally short goodbye. "It was nice to meet you Ash. You're a good boy." She winks with a happy smile.

"It was good to meet you too." I look at both April and Lisa.

"Aww, I'll miss you Ashy." Lisa runs over to me and squeezes me in a big hug.

"We'll come again." I say and laugh.
She lets go of me and fist bumps Elliot.

"Bye ladies. Until next time, thanks for the cookies." He salutes them and the three of us are off to the bus stop.