32: Holidays

It seems like December came way too soon. With it all these holidays, but also winter break. Finally after all that studying we have a few weeks to spend the way we like. And we'll spend them together, at my house.

Trevor, Elliot and I visited April and Lisa a few more times since the first time and we even went to Elliot's place. When we were at Trevor's the topic of Christmas came up and at the end we decided to all gather and spend it together. The three of us, April, Lisa and my mom.

When we went to Elliot's his parents weren't home, so we hung out with his sister, who by the way is one of the coolest people I've met. She's super nice and unlike Elliot she's more mature. She knows when to have fun and when to be serious. That's why we decided to invite her to spend Christmas with us too. It would've been even better if their parents could come too but apparently they're out of the country for work and won't be back for the holidays. But Emilia was more than happy to come at my house.

Today is the first day of winter break and the three of us are heading to my house. We'll stay there all throughout the break, while the others come only for Christmas Eve. We pack everything we'll need and woth excitement we hop on the bus. My house is a little bit further than theirs but my mom volunteered to pick us up halfway so we don't need to ride busses all day.

"Hello Rene." Elliot greets my mom first when we sit in her car. She ignores him for a bit to give me a peck on the cheek and looks at the two boys through the rearview mirror.

"Hey boys. You look cold. Should I turn the heater on?"

"Mmm, yes, if you don't mind." Trevor says as he touches his cold cheeks.

"How have you been? Anything new?" My mom asks. We weren't able to see her at all these last few months due to her being too busy with work and I haven't had the chance to tell her about Trevor and I. Last I saw her was the week when I first met Trevor's moms. I didn't want to tell her through text or call, it was better to wait to tell her in person. And now the time came.

"I don't know if the timing is right and I don't wanna wait until we get home, so I'll just tell you now." Just get it over with Ash. Take a deep breath and...

"Trevor and I are in a relationship." I rush out. I glance at her and am happy to see her smiling from ear to ear.

"I'm driving now Ash and I can't start jumping, but if I could I'd do that. I'm so so so happy for you." She reaches over and squeezes my hand.

"How long have you been dating?"

"Umm, well, since September." Trevor says and I nod.

"Oh wow. Why didn't you tell me on the phone?"

"Well, I didn't want to break the news like that." I awkwardly scratch my head.

"It's alright. As long as you've been happy and you tell me now I'm glad. Some kids don't tell their moms anything." Well mom I haven't told you things in the past either. But I want to change that and be open with you.

"We'll talk more when we arrive home. We'll tell you everything that happened at school." I promise you that at least.

My house isn't anything like Trevor's or Elliot's. It's far more smaller, extremely simple, on one story and the front and back yard are as small as they come. My family has never been too financially stable, but my mom makes sure my life is the best she can offer. I love her for that and I'll be forever grateful she gives her all for me. I'm the only one she has left and she's always showered me with all her love. One day, when I have a life on my own I can promise that I'll repay her for all she's done.